This is a sponsored post on behalf of Olson Homes.
This weekend, you can fulfill your dream of walk-in closets, designer kitchens with center islands, and decks and porches for casual outdoor living. Still searching for your “Home Sweet Home?” Well then mark your calendars because Olson Homes is hosting another model home event on Saturday, September 16th from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm at Union Walk.
Head on out to El Monte to catch a glimpse of Olson Homes’ new, three-story town homes at their special Grand Opening celebration. Get off your couch, shut off the HGTV and be one of the first to the new model homes while enjoying music and amazing food truck nibbles from the one and only Lobos Truck and Front Porch Pops.
Model home tours offer so much more than you can comprehend from a computer screen. Some things you may gain by attending an Open House event.
1) You can capture the true vibe of a neighborhood. Is it the type of place you can imagine coming home to each night? How far is the walk to the best brunch options? Ha, well we all have our priorities
2) How much natural light can you expect? Online photos can be deceiving. Tour the space in the afternoon hours, and note which rooms will get the best morning and evening sun. Do you want to wake up with the sun, or would you prefer to see the sun rising from your kitchen?
3) Will your existing furniture fit in the space? Room dimensions are easy to read in print, but truly understanding a room’s flow is best done in person in my opinion.
4) Open and close some doors, or cabinet drawers to feel the weight and sounds of the hardware and other materials. Is it to your liking? Turn the faucets on and off. How is the water pressure? These everyday activities don’t seem as sexy as the size of the rooms or the views, but they can make a home feel like the right home.
5) Bring your roommates, friends or family for a second opinion. What did they like the most? If they are going to live there with you, what are their favorite or least favorite features?
6) What’s your style? The finishes and colors in an open house can truly give you a feeling of love or hate much more than viewing them in a one-dimension close up photo on Pinterest.
More about Union Walk:
Union Walk homes offer two to four bedrooms, up to three and a half baths, and two-car garages. Residents will enjoy room to grow with up to 2,291 square feet of living space, in addition to an impressive array of builder-upgraded features and finishes, including granite kitchen countertops, stainless steel appliances, and marble countertops in each bath.
Union Walk is a direct reflection of Olson Homes’ vision and commitment to creating unique living spaces in thriving urban environments that are contemporary, chic, and attainable for a variety of households. The community’s location in the well-established city of El Monte offers a perfect blend of the benefits of both a close-knit community and a coveted city lifestyle. A number of shared spaces exclusive to Union Walk residents provide ample opportunities for gathering and connection, while a central El Monte address keeps residents connected to everything L.A. has to offer, with downtown 12 miles away and the Metrolink station a short three-block walk.
RSVP for the event on the Olson Homes Facebook page.
Good luck and happy new home hunting!