If you’re like me you take TONS of pictures. I quickly fill up my 4G memory card and I find myself deleting images to make space. A co-worker of mine told me about the Eye-Fi and I thought I’d share the following information with you. The Eye-Fi is a memory card with built-in Wi-Fi! Which means automatic backups from your camera.
The Eye-Fi Connect X2 will wirelessly upload photos straight from your camera and then organize them on your computer – automatically – all while your busy entertaining friends or hanging out with the family.
An Eye-Fi card also gives you peace of mind that all of your photos are archived almost as soon as the photo is snapped. You won’t even have to turn on the computer for the magic to happen – it’s all done wirelessly.
For the $49 4GB Eye-Fi Connect X2, the Eye-Fi card lets mom:
- You’ll never clean-out your memory card again: Eye-Fi automatically removes photos once they’ve been safely uploaded to your home computer or the Web, giving you ‘endless’ amounts of room for more pics – and removing the hassle of having to manually delete!
- Lets you send videos of the kids’ soccer game to YouTube or Flickr automatically
- Lets you upload kids’ birthday pics to Shutterfly or Facebook (or any of the 25 online photo sharing sites), as the party unfolds in real-time
- Keeps years of photo albums and video clips organized on her PC or Mac – without any effort
- At 4GB capacity, the Eye-Fi Connect X2 will automatically upload JPEG photos and videos to the computer and one of more than 25 online sharing sites, such as Flickr, Facebook, YouTube or Picasa, through a Wi-Fi network. MSRP: $49.99. This card needs to up upgraded to work with hotspots like at Starbucks.
Never Miss a Photo Opp with Eye-Fi’s “Endless Memory”
Eye-Fi’s new X2 cards include the “Endless Memory” feature, which lets users choose to have Eye-Fi automatically makes space available on their memory card after photos and videos are safely uploaded to the computer or Web. When the card reaches the user’s pre-determined amount of space used, it will remove files that have been safely uploaded, beginning with the oldest – even when the card is not connected to a network. If files have not yet been uploaded, Eye-Fi will not remove them. This option can be set up in Eye-Fi Center.
Visit http://www.eye.fi/ to find out more about how Eye-Fi works. Make sure you view their compatible camera list before purchasing any of the Eye-Fi memory cards.
All Eye-Fi Cards will be available at retailers including Best Buy, Office Depot, Amazon.com, Adorama, B&H and J&R.
* This information was provided to thatsitmommy and we did not receive any compensation or product for this post.