The Infinity Festival Hollywood 2022 is taking place on November 2-5 at Goya Studios, the Dream Hollywood Hotel, and other nearby venues. This is where Hollywood meets Silicon Valley as the festival brings together Hollywood’s finest storytelling talent and Silicon Valley’s cutting-edge technology creators and innovators.
This is the 5th year of this multi-annual festival event that takes place in the heart of Hollywood. Over the years, the festival has grown in size, featuring a main stage, an exhibition hall, a Student Lab, Innovation Hub, and Art+Tech fine art gallery.
I attended the festival in 2019 and found it very informative and interesting. There was a panel about the visuals used for Avengers: Endgame and a virtual David Bowie that mimics your movements. This year’s festival should be just as exciting if you are into NFTs, blockchain technologies, and token-based economics with a full day of panels focusing on Web3 development.
The programming includes panels, exhibitions, screenings, keynotes, professional educational workshops, and networking events from top-working creators, thought leaders, and celebrities. The festival program will explore the latest trends in “Storytelling Enabled by Technology.”
Some Programming Highlights:
– Exclusive first look at Barco Lightsteering™ Technology
– “THINKING INSIDE THE BOX” Holotransportation with Howie Mandel & Proto
– STORYTELLING IN THE VIRTUAL FUTURE
– CREATING FOR LOCATION-BASED AUGMENTED REALITY: Discover the tech solutions with Powster and Niantic
– A CONVERSATION WITH EMMY AWARD-WINNING DIRECTOR ELIJAH ALLAN-BLITZ: Discussing his groundbreaking AR short film, “Remembering,” on Disney+ starring Brie Larson
– ART AND SCIENCE CONVERGE: Signs of Life, An Astronomical Detective Story from Griffith Observatory
– A CONVERSATION WITH LIGHTHOUSE IMMERSIVE: Creating Immersive Experiences
– IMMERSIVE TALKS: A CONVERSATION WITH WOMEN IN TECHNOLOGY HOLLYWOOD (WITH)
– IMMERSIVE TALKS: PORTALONE – THE WORLD’S FIRST HYBRID GAMING PLATFORM
– THE CLOUD PAVES THE WAY FOR TV-INTRODUCING FAST (Free Advertising Supported TV)
– Creating Diversity in the Metaverse
– HOW AI IS CHANGING HOLLYWOOD: A Conversation with Showrunners, Writers & AI Experts
– DISRUPTING HOLLYWOOD WITH WEB3
– WEB3 ADOPTION WITHIN THE MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY
– WEB3: LIVE XR ENTERTAINMENT – Blending Physical & Digital Worlds
– WEB3: METAVERSE VENUES FOR IMMERSIVE ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT: Domelandia
– WEB3: “DARPA FOR HOLLYWOOD” UNVEILS THE FIRST INDUSTRY-WIDE BLOCKCHAIN PROJECT
The Infinity Festival Job Fair. This is a one-day event that will be held from 9am-3pm on Saturday, November 5th. This is a unique opportunity to interact with employers and companies looking for resources in the virtual production community in Hollywood.
The Student Lab. Led by IF executive committee and board member Erin Reilly of The Texas Immersive Institute at Moody College of Communication, University of Texas at Austin, welcoming Texas Immersive, Carnegie Melon University and The Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Arts to the 2022 IF Student Lab. This plethora of curious students will partake in the Student Lab Panel, run their own exhibitions in the expo hall, engage with mentors, and participate in the Virtual Production Workshop!
The X.LA Expo Hall. Features exhibits from sponsors, partners, and community members who are creating cutting-edge work featuring technologies that are empowering the business of making content. Exhibit themes include Remote work and real-time GPUs with virtual machines, holoportation, mobile platforms and processors, immersive technologies (AR, VR, XR), research, university demos, cloud-based applications and volumetric scanning, and other virtualization solutions. Exhibitors include Z by HP, NVIDIA, Snapdragon by Qualcomm, Magicbox, Proto, PortalOne, BlueVishnu, Gumball Dreams, ExElauno VR, OTTera, Data Science Alliance (DSA), The Augmented City, MESA, Phase Two, Simulated Reality, with the Infinity Festival Coffee Networking Lounge provided by MelroseMac and Avid.
The ART+TECH Gallery. A place where artists continually reimagine their voices and visions in various forms. ART+TECH is the intersection of art, technology and cultural conversations and where they converge. As technology evolves, so does the artist’s ability to express themselves, from paintbrush to programming. This year they are featuring 19 compelling artists, each with a unique interpretation of their own creative journey: Alex Trochut, Analia Saban, Brynn Gelbard & Lisa Donohoe/Londubh Studio, Carlos Luna James, Crypt Gallery/King of Midtown, Danielle Parsons, Djeneba Aduayom, Francois Knoteze, Franz Szony, Giulia Grillo, Giuseppe Lo Schiavo, GMUNK, Jody MacDonald, Kitty Brophy, Luke Haynes, Marilyn Minter, Marina Berlin, Nidia Dias, Orlando Arocena, Rik Oostenbroek, Shane Griffin, Shane Guffogg, Tanya Clarke, Teek Mach, Tim Christie, and Lisa Jordan – Curator.
There will be a couple of surprise NFT drops that attendees will receive at certain panels.
All Access Passes are available at squadup.com.
More information about the Infinity Festival Hollywood can be found at infinityfestival.com, along with the full programming schedule and podcasts.