My little ones grew up enamored with the Peekaboo Barn app. Waiting on line at the supermarket was made bearable when they could use my iPhone to answer those knocking barn doors and reveal the adorable farm animals. This Halloween we get a special treat from Night & Day Studios, the creators of Peekaboo Barn. It’s my new favorite app of the season — Peekaboo Trick or Treat.
At Peekaboo Trick or Treat, kids answer the knocking doors at the haunted house. Each time they tap the doors it reveals one of fourteen costumed characters. Illustrated by Ed Emberley each character is cuter than the next – from the witch to the werewolf to the ghost. Each character teaches the spelling and names so your kids will be ready by October 31st to identify all the Halloween favorites.
Other features include:
- Choose from the cute 4 year old child narrator or the adult voice, Ed Emberley himself, for a clearer and correct pronunciation.
- A rotating cast of 14 whimsical creatures and costumes in a kooky “haunted” house.
- Original spooky Halloween themed music and silly sound effects to make your kids laugh.
- Hear and see the words repeated for each item, helping children both learn to say and spell the names.
- Choose looped mode for endless play or storybook mode- which ends with all the characters going to sleep- perfect for bedtime.
Check out the preview available now at the App Store. Designed for both the iPhone and iPad, the app costs $1.99. Versions for Nook, Kindle Fire and the Android Market are coming soon!
Boo! That’s IT Mommy Jill