Pirate ships and buried treasure frequently enter dinner conversation in our home, so my three-year-old son was eager to try out the Talking Pirate Elmo Building Set by K’NEX. For kids who like Elmo, pirates and building – this is the gift of the season!
Talking Pirate Elmo is a 13 piece building set that lets your little ones build their own freestanding Elmo pirate including his arms, legs and feet. The Elmo head is battery-operated and when you press the top he has two fun phrases about nautical adventures. My three year old had no troubles building the Elmo with the exception of his hat which needs to be on a very particular angle to lock into place. He loves putting it together and breaking him apart over and over again.
I like that the pieces all fit into an Elmo-themed canister so we don’t lose any important Elmo pieces. My five year old daughter thinks the set is pretty cool as well. In order to keep the peace around the new Elmo, we began to play treasure hunt to find Elmo’s 13 pieces before building him again. My daughter liked being able to count out the found pieces and call out how many additional pieces are needed and my son just likes the hunt. The manufacturers’ recommended age is 2-5 years old which seems about right based on our experience.
In addition to Talking Pirate Elmo, there is also another Knight themed Elmo building set that sounds pretty cool. The Talking Pirate Elmo Building Set retails for $16.95 and can be purchased on http://www.knex.com or Amazon.com (on sale for $14.97!).
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a K’NEX Talking Pirate Elmo Building Set. This giveaway is open to US & Canadian residents only (18+). Ends 12/19/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit http://www.knex.com/ and tell us about another product that you like. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like K’NEX on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win K’NEX Talking Pirate Elmo Building Set via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=18851 #giveaway #holiday) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on Dec 19, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received K’NEX Talking Pirate Elmo Building Set from K’NEX free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.