When I’m working out, I have to have my music going. I’ve been in need of an armband for my iPhone for quite some time, so I was interested in testing the Griffin AeroSport Control. A huge priority is comfort for me. Since this armband includes built in controls, I wanted to be sure they were easy to adjust during my cardio exercises (either running or the stairmaster). I previously used a standard case that would also strap around my arm, but the touch sensitivity through the plastic didn’t work too well. This was a major flaw for my purposes and I eventually stopped using my previous band all together. During my weightlifting routine, I was subsequently left with tucking my phone into the waistband of my shorts and during treadmill runs leaving my phone on the cradle. Let’s just say, it’s happened more than once that my phone was inadvertently tugged off the treadmill only to face an uncertain future as it rolled on the treadmill belt and then onto the floor.
The Griffin Aerosport has been great during my workouts. It keeps my iPhone off the floor and is easy to adjust the volume and song selection via the large, built-in buttons. I love that it has separate controls and I don’t have to push through the plastic on my phone screen. It’s also easy to adjust the controls when I’m on-the-go, so it doesn’t disrupt the flow of my workout (any stopping makes it oh-so difficult to start up again!). The buttons have been highly responsive and the entire band is very sturdy and comfortable. I had to make sure to position it high enough on my arm so it wouldn’t scratch by my elbow, but once I quickly figured this out, the band stayed put. I was interested to see how the sound quality would be since it’s not a direct connection phone to earphones. You plug the armband into phone and the headphones into the armband. This added connection did not appear to affect the sound quality or volume. The one thing I would change if I were the designer would be to make it out of neoprene material, as I find bands made with that a bit more comfortable since it conforms 100% to the user. However, the thoughtful design of the triangular shaped sides (where the buttons are located) do help in making this fit more secure than other bands I’ve tried that just have the shape of the phone on a strap. For those that travel light, it also has a little pocket for you in the back:
The Griffith Aerosport features:
- Built-in play controls that are sweat- and moisture-proof
- Controls let you play, skip forward, skip back and control volume
- The moisture-wicking band is lightweight and flexible
- Wide cut of arm band (about 1 1/2″ wide)
- A hidden pocket holds a house, room or locker key
- Compatible with iPod touch and iPhones
BUY IT: The Griffith Aerosport is available for $49.99 and available on their website.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the Aerosport Control from Griffin’s PR Company free of charge to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.