Our house is a zoo lately. I mean that figuratively, of course. My two year old and four year old are absolutely obsessed with animals. This week we added Moki the Monkey from the House of Ingri to our menagerie.
Moki the Monkey is an absolutely adorable plush doll. He has a faux suede face and tush, soft fleece body, embroidered mouth and weighted arms and legs. My little ones cracked up at the sight of his oversized head and eyes. They like hiding him under blankets and creating their own animal hide & seek game.
Each doll comes with its own short bio. According to his creator, Moki Monkey is fearless; he climbs trees and jumps off walls. He always swings the highest and is not afraid of taking falls. Sounds a lot like two kids I know, how fitting!
Francis and Friends is a brand new line of plush dolls from House of Ingri. In addition to Moki the Monkey, there are four other friends.
MARTY (who can be naughty… though really, he’s misunderstood. ‘Cause he’ll make you laugh every time, and when it counts, he’s good.)
FRANCIS THE LOVE BUNNY (he thinks you’re a love bunny too. His dream is to be loved someday, by some bunny like you.)
PICCO PANDA (he built a tree house, he built a wagon too. He’s always busy with a project, but never too busy for you.)
MIKO MONKEY (he is a shy one. He likes to sit and draw for hours. His brother drags him on adventures, but Miko’d rather smell the flowers.)
Standing tall at 11 x 3 x 13 inches, Moki Monkey and his friends can be purchased at www.amazon.com for $24.99. The recommended age is three years plus which I can understand due to the tempting chewing nature of his acrylic eyes and nose. Washing instructions suggest surface washing and air drying.
If you recognize these dolls from some years back, here is some history to explain. House of Ingri dolls began when its creator Ingri Von Bergen was 22 years old and working in the animation industry. She loved to doodle and her character drawings became popular with her workmates. For the holiday one year, as gifts for her co-workers, she decided to take the doodles off the page, breathe life into them and create dolls out of the characters. She worked hard and, over the next three years, Ingri‘s toys landed in retail shops like KidRobot, FAO Schwarz and MoMA all across the country. The toys appeared on NY1, G4TV, and The Oprah Winfrey Show. They were even featured in their very own book “Me! Me! ABC.” But soon the dolls’ popularity outgrew Ingri’s ability to keep up with demand (she was still making each one by hand) and House of Ingri went into hibernation in the fall of 2006. Today, Ingri is re-launching House of Ingri. The first lineup of toys is “Francis & Friends,” a huggable line of plush characters.
GIVEAWAY: House of Ingri is generously offering One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader a doll of their own! This giveaway is open to US only. Ends 6/3/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit House of Ingri and let us know which doll you would choose if you won. Leave your comments in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Follow House of Ingri on Twitter
- Like House of Ingri on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a House of Ingri doll via @thatsitmommy & @HouseofIngri http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=12274 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
This giveaway will run through midnight on 6/3, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. We did receive a doll to facilitate this post. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.