Every year I set the same goal- get in shape. For me, this is always easier said than done. I always find a reason to start “tomorrow”. Staying motivated can be a challenge in itself. I received the opportunity to test out the Striiv Smart Pedometer through Best Buy. The pocket sized digital pedometer counts your steps, tracks calories and motives you with different challenges. I was curious. Would this gadget motivate me? I have to admit that I went in with low expectations. I’m usually skeptical of fitness products. They just seem gimmicky to me.
Guess what? I love it! The pedometer has been my side kick for a couple of weeks. So far I’m motivated to go!
My Striiv pros!
- Size: It’s small, measures 2.75 by 1.7 by 0.5 inches. The clip helps keep it in place or you can drop it into your bag or pocket.
- Setup: The Stiiv Pedometer is easy to set up. Connect to your computer via USB and download the Striiv program. Ready? set? Go!
- Motivation: Striiv not only tracks your steps but challenges you to surpass personal goals! I like knowing that I started off strong or that I’ve received the Burn a Sundae Trophy two times! The motivations are based on your activty and my challenges have been reachable and reasonable.
- Doing your part: Striiv and corporate partners donate on our behalf as we walk! Walkathon feature gives you the choice of donating to one of three charities: donating safe drinking water to families in South America, ending polio and conserving the rainforest of Tanzania. I chose donating water. Knowning that my steps are contributing to a charity is another motivator.
- Fun: Myland is a fitness game. Everything you build is based on your activity. The more you walk the more you progress.
- Battery: Long charge life. I’ve had to charge it maybe once a week.
- Backup: Connect your Stiiv to the computer and back up your activity. The MyStriiv Dashboard is user-friendly!
- Connections: You can interact with friends who own Striiv! Race your friends!
My Striiv Cons:
- Because of it’s size. I tend to put it just about everywhere (purse, jean pockets, jacket pocket) that I misplace it! I wish the Striiv came with an arm band.
- Occasionally the touch screen doesn’t work to my touch. I need to press harder.
- I try to go into Myland only once a day. Otherwise I stop during my walk to buy plants! A little distracting but an extremely minor con.
Using the Striiv has turned into family affair! My daughter likes getting in on the Striiv fun. We count steps together and she eagerly checks out our progress. She also enjoys collect my coins and planting in MyLand.
Striiv Pedometer is lightweight which makes it easy to be a part of your fitness routine. I would recommend this to a friend. Bottom line is that it’s fun (workouts have to be!), it’s cute and has been a motivational tool for me.
The Striiv podemeter package includes: Striiv pedometer, keychain attachment , belt clip holster , USB charging cable , AC adapter, drawstring pouch , First Steps getting started guide.
Other details: The pedometer Is compatible with MAC OS, Windows XP and available at Best Buy or www.striiv.com.
Best Buy Coupons for you! 20% off Small Kitchen Appliances and 20% off of Health and Fitness Products. Click on images do download your 20% coupons now!
Disclosure: We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. We did receive received the product free. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.