“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children”
-Native American Proverb
I make it a point to teach my daughter about conservation. Growing up in LA, I was exposed at an early age to water conservation efforts, recycling programs and generally minimizing waste. When I saw these reusable placemats from ScrappyNaps, I knew it would be a fun way to reinforce these concepts with my daughter.
We received the Garden Fairies/Pink placemat for review. This includes a reusable napkin, too. ScrappyNaps also included a cool Sporki to complete the set (fork on one side, spoon on the other).
The Garden Fairies design is whimsical–lovely little fairies sitting atop patterned trees and flying through the air with birds and butterflies. I love the contrasting polka dot pattern in the corner that makes a pouch to hold the napkin. There is also a pouch to hold the Sporki (you can see the fork inserted in the photo above). Everything easily rolls up to about the size of my daughter’s milk, closes with the black elastic band and fits perfectly in my daughter’s lunchbox.
Although I intended this to be used for her school lunches, Kieran wants to use it at home, too, with every meal. I guess she’s a fan, too! Since she’s been using it so much (and, therefore, spilling on it), this place mat has already gone through several washes (I stopped counting after half a dozen). Oatmeal, orange juice, spaghetti sauce, etc have all come off with ease and despite all the washing, I haven’t noticed any fading of the fabric.
Emily is the owner and creater of ScrappyNaps, based in Venice, CA. She created ScrappyNaps as a fun way to reduce waste with her own children’s lunches.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) ScrappyNaps placemat set with Sporki (winner’s choice, based on availabililty)—Ends 2/26/11 (US and Canada only)
MAIN ENTRY: Visit their website and tell us what other item(s) you like.
(Remember, if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed, then no other entries will count).
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment. Each entry is worth 1 point (unless noted).
- Like ScrappyNaps on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow ScrappyNaps on Twitter
- Subscribe to our email newsletter (or tell us that you already do – 3 extra, #1, #2, #3)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link – 3 extra, #1, #2, #3)
- Enter another one of our current giveaway (3 extra, #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post on our site (tell us which one – 2 extra, #1, #2)
- Tweet: I want to WIN a reusable placemat set by @ScrappyNaps via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=9305 (can be tweeted daily)
This giveaway will run through midnight on Feb. 26, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 24 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to US and Canadian Residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the products mentioned in this review free of charge in order to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.