My preschoolers already love playing games on my iPhone so I think the folks at Pull-Ups are onto something with their new iPhone potty training application. iGo Potty is a free app now available at the iTunes Apps Store.
According to the developers, to start potty training toward success, parents can simply download the app and customize it to fit their lifestyles and potty training journeys by adjusting the frequency of potty reminders throughout the day. The option to set a photo or avatar makes every child feel iGo Potty is their special potty training tool.
Once iGo Potty is set to keep potty trainers on track, parents and children receive special calls from “Patty the Potty” throughout the day, letting the child know it’s time to try to go by encouraging the child to answer the call.
iGo Potty also offers a variety of digital rewards, like stickers and games, to keep potty training fun and motivating. The app helps parents and toddlers stay motivated by unlocking access to new rewards and games after a set number of successes are achieved. iGo Potty also encourages parents to pass along important updates and celebrations with custom reports tracking potty successes.
When parents feel their child has achieved potty training success, an app-generated graduation celebration can be selected that includes graduation theme music, balloons and streamers. Parents can then print out a diploma suitable for sharing and hanging on the refrigerator to commemorate the achievement.
Our thoughts: My kids thought the phone reminder was like a special phone call just for them. Very exciting and effective! And being a busy mom of two, I appreciated the timed reminder as well. We are early in the potty training process so I can’t report on the effectiveness yet. The ability to customize the frequency of reminders and photos is simple to set and change based on your child’s needs. The online game rewards are fun, but I do think my kids need real stickers and incentives, like M&Ms, in addition to the digital.
Video:I’m a big kid now
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will win a $50 VISA gift card courtesy of the folks at Pull-Ups. AND There are five (5) manufacturers coupons good for one (1) JUMBO pack of PULL-UPS Brand Training Pants. Coupons expire 3/31/2011. This giveaway ends 12/3.
REQUIRED ENTRY – Leave us a tip about the method you found most effective when potty training your children. Leave a comment in the reply box below this post.
Remember if this MAIN REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count
Optional Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Follow Huggies on twitter (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow Pull-Ups on Twitter
- Follow Pull-Ups on Facebook
- Follow us on facebook (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway and tell us why you want to win (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one (1) of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I want to win a $50 VISA Gift Card via @thatsitmommy & @PullUpsBigKid http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=8067) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on Dec. 3, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. Jill accessed the app on her own (its free and public). Pull-Ups® training pants provided Jill with a Flip cam and product coupons to try out the new iGo Potty iPhone app and document my experience, as well as conduct a reader giveaway with a $50 visa gift card and product coupons. However, Jill’s opinions on the product are entirely her own and she has not been paid to publish positive sentiments towards Pull-Ups® or their products. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.