‘Tis the season to create family traditions… we love the holiday season, but must admit that there is too much to get done in too little time. So we have a fun family tradition that gives each one of our family members some of their favorite things. This year that means shopping, Santa and Star Wars!
Our mission began at Ontario Mills Shopping Mall. I love me some retail therapy and where better to host our family shopping spree than the home base of more than 200 brand-name retailers and outlets. There is a little something for everyone when you have this many shop choices, including Neiman Marcus Last Call, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Coach Factory Store, Tommy Bahama Outlet, Nordstrom Rack, H&M, Forever 21 and J.Crew Factory.
Since December is the season to attract shoppers, malls like Ontario Mills are pulling out all the stops with deep discounts and super deals on the season’s hottest gift items.
To keep the holiday traditionalists in our family happy, we stopped for an annual photo and visit with Santa. Stop by until December 24th if you want to get a selfie with Saint Nick at the Ontario Mills Mall! A welcome surprise was the free bag of Grandma’s cookies to starve off our hunger before heading for dinner at the Rainforest Café at the end of our shopping spree. Apparently so we were told, Grandma’s Cookies are the ‘official cookie of Santa Claus. ’ How can a guy with a well-known belly and an insatiable desire for cookies at every one of his worldwide Christmas stops have a favorite official cookie? Free cookies? I guess I’m not asking any incriminating questions. Nom, nom, nom.
This holiday season, we decided to make a game of it and shop as a family with a cool theme. You guessed it – Star Wars. May the force be with us as we each sought the best gifts. What better tradition is there than spending time as a family, and cracking ourselves up while doing our Christmas shopping? Here are the winning items that made it into our shopping baskets (or wish lists) and are soon to appear wrapped beautifully under a tree near you.
Holiday Deals and Fun at Ontario Mills
1) Chewbacca Pajamas from the Disney Store Outlet: This was a given. My daughter also fell in love with the Rey costume from the newest Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens. I was also seriously eyeing the Stormtrooper rain boots!
2) Build your own huggable Star Wars character at Build-A-Bear: Bears are cute all year round, but who could resist building and stuffing a custom Darth Vader, Klyo Ren or Chewbacca? During our spree, there was even an awesome 2 for $40 deal.
3) A Galactic Lego set at the Lego Store: Perfect for the brick builders in your life, these sets are pricey, but almost indestructible, and will last you a lifetime, in a galaxy far, far away.
4) Stormtrooper Velcro Shoes from Stride Rite: Why should having to tie your laces stand in the way of cool Star Wars kicks for the littlest member of the family? Not into Stormtroopers? Then check out the Jedi Knight style.
5) What time is it you ask? Well just let me peer here at my sage Yoda watch and find out. I know exactly who needs this awesome gift, and even better you can pick it up at Burlington Coat Factory for only $9.99. May the bargain shopping force be with you!
6) Star Wars isn’t just for boys, Forever 21 had the cutest selection of droid fashions. I love this R2D2 sweater and sparkly Star Wars tee. Add a twirly skirt and jean jacket and she will be dressed for movie night!
7) I wish I had a son to shop for this year! Boys would look rad in these galactic-patterned pants and Stormtrooper knee designs! Only at H&M! Dads can also go retro with this Star Wars patterned tee.
8) Suitcase from Bag’n Baggage — families on the go will turn heads with this R2-D2 suitcase!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Simon Malls/Ontario Mill. Our opinions are our own. All items were available at the time of our visit.