The upcoming D23Expo has revealed some of the panels and exhibits we can expect to see at the ultimate Disney fan event. Now, we are getting a look at some the of never-before-seen, limited-edition merchandise from across Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. In addition, there will be author appearances, engaging panels with iconic Disney personalities, and interactive social moments on the show floor will give attendees a variety of ways to celebrate the magic of Disney and kick off 100 Years of Wonder.
As always, the D23Expo will have an area within the convention that’s designated for all things merchandise that you can only get at the three-day event. Debuting on the show floor this year is an all-new shopping experience, D23 Expo Marketplace. This 27,000-square-foot retail location offers merchandise from fan-favorite collections and characters across Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more, including limited-edition merchandise and the availability of the first items celebrating Disney’s 100th Anniversary. The D23 Expo Marketplace brings together the most exciting offerings from shopDisney, Disney store, and Disney Parks into one shopping destination for a wide assortment of curated brand collections, specialty items, and milestone anniversary collectibles.
Over at Mickey’s of Glendale, guests will be able to shop at three unique retail spaces including Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store. The shop features merchandise designed by Imagineers, including hats, T-shirts, accessories, and more. Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to shop collections celebrating the upcoming Walt Disney Imagineering 70th Anniversary.
Disney pin enthusiasts will want to stop by the Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store, which will feature a large assortment of limited-edition pins.
And then there’s the D23 Expo Shop x Mickey’s of Glendale. Here, the Official Disney Fan Club and Mickey’s of Glendale where the two have joined forces to bring you the official merchandise of D23 Expo 2022.
Finally, there’s Disney Publishing. The shopping destination for Disney book fans returns this year with an array of exciting first-to-market books available for purchase. Disney Publishing continues its tradition of celebrating great storytelling by hosting a variety of authors behind well-loved Disney stories. Join these world-building creators for book signings within the booth, including Disney historian and 100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime author Marcy Carriker Smothers, DisneyBound’s Leslie Kay, Shinji Takahashi and the Mark of the Coatl’s Julie Kagawa, and Cautionary Tales’ Ridley Pearson.
Other highlights include Disney100, where D23Expo guests will have the first opportunity to purchase items celebrating Disney’s first 100 years. Marvel Cinematic Universe fans, especially those who love “Black Panther” will be able to purchase exclusive merchandise inspired by the vibrant landscape of Wakanda, and brought to life on-screen in Black Panther, at the World of Wakanda. Items will make their debut at D23 Expo Marketplace and on shopDisney.
Then there’s Guided by the Light, a new collection by Ashley Eckstein (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), is inspired by Ahsoka Tano’s strength amid darkness. The collection will also be available on shopDisney. Guests will also be able to a new line of adorable plush inspired by tasty treats from Disney Parks Main Street Bakery will debut at D23 Expo: Disney Munchlings. These cute collectibles include a scented Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Swirl Bun and Minnie Mouse Wild Strawberry Cupcake. Disney Munchlings will also be available for purchase on shopDisney.
There will also be able to navigate a new shopping expereince with ease by using the virtual queue, merchandise mobile checkout, and the store pass.
Throughout the weekend, Disney will give fans the chance to get the very latest in product innovations, listen to revered authors, and explore fashion trends through an array of content. Highlights include:
– Women in Disney Fashion: Step into the minds of major Disney fashion icons as they share an exclusive look at their upcoming Disney collaborations.
– It’s a Small Disney World: Celebrating the Art of Disney Parks: Ever wondered what it’s like to be an official Disney Parks artist? Disney will gather six artists to dive into their art, ideas for the future, and behind-the-scenes insights.
– Cautionary Tales with the Disney Villains: The Imagination of Ridley Pearson: Cautionary Tales author Ridley Pearson and Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline will delight fans and spark creativity with insider Disney stories.
– National Geographic’s 100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime: From a dessert cruise with fireworks views to an exclusive dinner in Walt’s Disneyland apartment, discover one-of-a-kind magical Disney experiences in this memorable discussion with expert Marcy Carriker Smothers.
– Hey Disney! — a custom voice assistant built on Amazon’s Alexa technology — will be highlighted on the D23 Expo show floor (stay tuned for more details). Whether at home or in a Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort hotel room, fans will be able to use an Echo device to interact with their favorite Disney, Star Wars, or Pixar characters.
– On the Show Floor: Attendees can also check out activations from Visa, Amazon, Target, Aniplex, BoxLunch, Citizen, Enterprise, Funko / Loungefly, IMAX, Pandora, Ravensburger and Sunglass Hut, along with many others.