This is a sponsored post on behalf of Kia.
So many of my fondest memories growing up were spent in the family car – vacations, holiday trips to grandmas, making our cross country move to California. Remember the first car you used to drive? Or, the first car you bought? Many of our family milestones are entwined with the car we were driving that particular year.
So, it serves no surprise that families love auto shows. There is so much for families to learn at the LA Auto Show this year. Whether your kids have just acquired their learner’s permits, or like mine are many years away from that milestone – there is truly something for everyone to do at the Auto Show.
Here is a list of our favorite family-friendly adventures at this year’s LA Auto Show!
1) Try on the newest auto offerings. How is the fit for your family? Pile on inside, and imagine an eight-hour ride where you are tossing out cheese sticks to the back row from the front passenger side. Let the kids dream of having parents that upgrade to the highest technology package for the rear rows!
2) Teach the kids to look under the hoods with their parents. Use it as a teaching moment to point out the many parts that make the car function. When they are so clean and shiny, the engines really do look like pieces of art.
3) Use the auto manufacturers’ green offerings to talk about the future of fossil fuels, electric cars and the many benefits that new technologies will bring to our environment in years to come. Ask the kids to imagine what cars will look like, and run on when they are grown ups! My daughter is obsessed with self-driving cars, and can imagine an entire world without actual drivers.
4) We spent a great deal of time at the Kia Show areas. Take the kids over to the Kia Gym to tackle the obstacle course (with a professional driver, that is.). The gym is located outside. Minors are welcome to participate in the drive along experience.
5) Bring cameras for everyone to record their favorite cars. My kid loves to build her own visual stories. Take photos and let them draw on them, insert photos and truly customize the adventure according to their personalities. A trip to the LA Auto Show is not complete without a photo with the Kia Hamsters. When we stopped by, the Kia Hamsters were basking in their popularity due to the popular TV spot. So funny.
Make sure to read our article about the newest Kia models at the L.A. Auto Show!