Denim Twin Triumph Stroller I’ve owned a lot of strollers. Three singles and three doubles, to be exact. In my opinion, that’s at least 4 too many, but then again, when I first sought out as a new mom buying a stroller, there were clearly many things I did not take into consideration. When it came to selecting a double stroller, I thought I knew everythingI wanted when I went out to make my next big purchase. I was even ecstatic over double stroller #2 purchase. And then, I met the Maclaren Denim Twin Triumph. It arrived pretty much ready to go. The only thing we had to do was attach the canopies (included).
I’ve had the Twin Triumph almost 6 weeks. And to tell you honestly, I’ve been using it at least 95% of the time I need to take a stroller out somewhere. My babysitter uses it exclusively. I have a really nice tandem stroller that is basically collecting dust in our garage since the arrival of the Maclaren! In addition to being a mom, I’m also a physical therapist. On a daily basis, I teach pregnant women and moms proper use of their body with daily and childcare-related activities to minimize injury. One question I always get is “How do I get the stroller in and out of the car?” This is definitely a tough one, and most double strollers on the market are reallyheavy (over 35 pounds) and a bit unwieldy to collapse and to lift. The Maclaren folds up easily and compact, and is lightweight so simple to get in and out of the back of my SUV which helps keep my body in a good position to prevent injury. I will definitely be recommending this stroller for it’s lightweight and easily collapsible design to my patients with two little ones! And at a price point of $300, I think it’s a great deal, too (my first two double strollers cost at least twice this or more, and the Maclaren has clearly been the most practical solution all the way around).
There are five standout features that make this my “go-to” stroller. First–the Triumph is lightweight. My previous tandem strollers were H-E-A-V-Y. My most recent was actually very difficult to collapse and such a challenge to lift and get into my car without some help (which was most of the time!). Second, I love that it’s so compact once folded. My first (ahem, and second) double stroller purchases were bulky. While I loved them once fully assembled, it took up the entireback of my SUV. I travel out of town a lot with the kids, and found myself always having to go without a stroller until the arrival of the Twin Triumph. Third, the footbrakes are so easy to lock and unlock, I can even do it while wearing flip flops!
I also love how easy it is to get the kids into a reclined or upright position with the slide buckle in the back.
My last love? The stroller handles are nearly tall enough so my 6’6” husband can share stroller duty while we’re out for the day. Although, he wishes the handles were an inch or two higher, very few people would have to worry about the handles being too low for them. This stroller is durable inside and out. I’m not sure of the weight rating for the footrest, but my 41 pound daughter seems to find it necessary to stand on it frequently, and it is holding up great!Check out how easy the Maclaren Denim Twin Triumph is to set-up, collapse, and use:
The Maclaren Denim Twin Triumph Features:
- Blue Denim Fabric with authentic blue jean stitching (designed to withstand the elements with a weather resistant coating on the buggy canopy)
- 5-point Harness with height adjustable shoulder straps for added safety
- Reclining seats
- Removable, washable seat
- Foot-operated brakes
- Handy mesh shopping basket
- High-performance aluminum frame
- Lockable front swivel wheels
- Raincover included
- Carry strap for easy portability
- Fits through standard doorways
- 5 second one-hand compact umbrella fold
- Each seat holds up to 55 pounds (and 110 pounds total on the frame)
Denim Park Bag
We also reviewed the Maclaren Park Club Bag in Denim. This is a nice, large bag that is perfect for a full-day out with the family. It holds all the daily essentials, and still has some room leftover!
I love that it also comes with a small, lightweight changing pad. It’s thin so doesn’t take much space and removable so once my little man is out of diapers, we can still use the bag for family outings. The bag is totally my style, too! I love the large flap that covers a deep, outer pocket with no zipper, so I can quickly get to my keys, but don’t have to worry about them falling out when I set the bag down.
The bag features:
- Interior pockets for everything including baby bottle storage, baby wipes and diapers
- Roomy interior large enough for extra clothing or towels
- Zipper wall pocket to protect wallet or other valuables
- Detachable, wipeable changing mat
BUY IT: The Denim Twin Triumph retails for $300.00 and is available NOW on their website. The Denim Park Bag is $40.00 and can also be purchased on their website.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Maclaren Denim Park Bag. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 11/11/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit http://www.shopmaclarenbaby.
com/ and tell us about another Maclaren product that you like. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted
- Like Maclaren on Facebook
- Follow Maclaren on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (3 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – RT #Win a Maclaren Denim Park Bag via @thatsitmommy @maclarenNA http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=17446 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on November 11, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only. * We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the Maclaren Denim Twin Triumph Stroller and Park Bag from Maclaren free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.