I always comment that my kids are “so snuggly”. They are very affectionate-both with me and with each other. I knew they would be excited to receive the new Cuddle Covers™ in Max the Dog, as it would be another avenue for snuggling. I washed it before letting them test it out, and I’ve quickly realized I need to make a trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond to pick up a second one!
Brendan’s favorite mode of play with Max the Dog is to attack it, as seen below. Hey-what can I say? He’s all boy!
Brendan is also in the habit of “picking” at the toys he sleeps with. Did you catch my tweet of his lamb he used to sleep with? He managed to pick the majority of the fuzz off and then went for the seams…opening him up and pulling out the stuffing (poor Lambie!) So, I’m very cautious, needless to say, of toys I let him have in his crib. Max the Dog is perfect for him, as the smooth microfiber doesn’t give him a way to tug off the finish. Thankfully, no bald spots on Max the Dog yet and I don’t predict this is a toy he will have much success doing that to.
Kieran prefers the gentler approach and goes with hugging the pillow.
I hope our local Bed, Bath & Beyond has Izzy the Unicorn in stock-as it would be perfect for Kieran!
I was also sent the official Cuddle Covers™ Pillow for review. Cuddle Covers™ work with any standard size pillow, but the official pillow is “good for cuddling”, as the company states. I would have to agree. It’s nice and fluffy as well as hypoallergenic.
Cuddle Covers™ are made from 100% safe and hypoallergenic microfiber material and fit over all standard size pillows. They are currently available in six adorable animal designs: Izzy the Unicorn, Don the Dinosaur, Berry the Bear, Max the Dog, Kit the Cat and Louie the Lion. I’ve washed ours three times now (cold water and low heat to dry). Although the directions don’t specify, I put ours in a large sweater bag. After four washes, it’s held up well and is still velvety-soft.
We will definitely be taking Max on our next trip to Grandma and Grandpa’s!
Cuddle Covers™ is the first product launched by Fun Life Toys in Culver City, CA. Ilan Sharone, creator of Cuddle Covers™ says Cuddle Covers™ stemmed from childhood memories of playing with his brothers just before bedtime. “My brothers and I used to dress up our pillows as our favorite cartoon characters and put on a puppet show, as well as have the occasional pillow fight, too. Now that I’m starting my own family with a baby on the way, I remembered how much fun we had as kids and it inspired me to create Cuddle Covers™ for my very own child to enjoy, as well as kids everywhere.”
BUY IT: Cuddle Cover can be purchased for $19.99 and is available in 6 adorable animals. Official Cuddle Covers Pillow: $14.99. In celebration of the Cuddle Covers™ launch, patrons will receive a free mini Cuddle Covers™ buddy when purchasing a Cuddle Covers™ pal on their website for a limited time. Cuddle Covers™ are also available at select Bed Bath & Beyond retail locations around the U.S.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive one (1) Cuddle Covers of their choice and (1) Official Cuddle Covers Pillow (ARV $35). This giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents only (18+, except where prohibited by law). Ends 4/28/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit Cuddle Covers and tell us which animal you would choose if you won AND who you’ll give this cuddly creature to (You must answer both questions). Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Cuddle Covers on Facebook
- Follow Cuddle Covers on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a @CuddleCovers and pillow via @thatsitmommy -perfect for snuggling! http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=23533 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on April 28, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian residents only (18+, except where prohibited by law).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a Cuddle Cover and pillow from cuddle covers free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.