Are broken crayon taking over your home? Recycle them and create custom crayons as Valentine Gifts! I held off on posting this too soon so as not to spoil gifts that we sent out to Teagan’s cousins!
These are super easy to make. All you need are:
- Molds or a muffin tin. We used silicone ice cube molds that we purchased from IKEA and another silicone cupcake mold for larger crayons.
- Your oven and freezer!
- Peel paper and drop stubs into the mold or break full crayons into pieces.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Let the crayons melt for 5-7 minutes
- Parents make sure you use an over mitt!
- Place them into the freezer for another 15+ minutes and then pop them out!
Store or gift crayons in a storage container, goody bag or draw string bag (pictured below). I slipped Valentine cards in with our crayons. Spread the colorful love and make room for new crayons! Experiment with different color combinations. My daughter loved this project and was very proud of her custom designed crayons. =)