Game professionals, analysts, journalists, and enthusiasts from around the world converged on to the Los Angeles Convention Center, June 14-16, for the 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo. The yearly trade show event attracted more than 52,200 attendees to view more than 1,600 products from 300 exhibitors.
During the week of E3, the “Big 3” game console companies, game developers, producers and distributors make some huge announcements on upcoming games and accessories. Here are some highlights from what Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony had to announce at their presentations.
Nintendo Wii U/3DS
• Super Mario Maker – Build your own Super Mario levels that you can play and share.
• Starfox Zero – Starfox and his crew return to protect the galaxy this holiday season.
• Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival – Coming this September and the holiday season.
• Yoshi’s Wooly World – Coming this October.
• amiibo x Skylanders – Skylanders SuperChargers on the Wii U will feature Nintendo characters playable in the game, as well as, amiibo figures.
Microsoft Xbox One
• Backwards compatibility – Xbox 360 games will be playable on the Xbox One, with more than 100 titles available this holiday season.
• Forza Motorsport 6 and Halo 5: Guardians – Coming this September and October.
• HoloLens and Minecraft – Microsoft will have a new version of Minecraft specifically for their VR headset, HoloLens.
• Rare Replay – Collection of 30 Rare Software games, with the exception of the games GoldenEye and Donkey Kong Country.
• Rise of the Tomb Raider – Lara Croft returns for more adventures this November.
Sony PlayStation 4
• Street Fighter V – Cammy and Birdie have been added to the game coming March 2016
• Final Fantasy 7 – A classic game being remade for PS4.
• Project Morpheus – PlayStation’s VR headset will be coming out in 2016.
• PlayStation Vue – The streaming service will be expanding into Los Angeles and San Francisco, plus allow customers to purchase individual channels.
• The Last Guardian – The final installment of the trilogy of games, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, is going to be released in 2016.
Other games were announced at all of these presentations. For full information on all the announcements and news visit the following websites: