Los Angeles is a sprawling, cultural city and the hub for the nation’s film and TV industry. Diverse neighborhoods with an array of indoor and outdoor attractions make L.A. a top destination. No matter your travel style, there’s something for everyone. L.A. has world-class museums, sunny beaches, urban gardens, historic theaters, sports and music. From quirky to trendy, you’ll find a range of restaurants and shops. You may even see a celebrity or two. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, exploring L.A. is fun. Work your way through this list of 101 must-see attractions in Los Angeles.
1. Go to the beach! Zuma has lifeguards, food shacks, and restrooms.
2. Ride the Ferris wheel on the Santa Monica Pier.
3. Visit the L.A. Zoo (animals are most active in the morning).
4. See animal cages at the abandoned Griffith Zoo (the original L.A. Zoo).
5. Ride a Segway on a city or beach tour.
6. Check out street entertainers on the famous Venice Beach Boardwalk.
7. Hike to the famous Hollywood sign.
8. Go stargazing at the Griffith Observatory.
9. Enjoy a picnic at Ferndell Park in Griffith Park.
10. Walk through the Batcave in Griffith Park.
11. Keep your eyes open for Hollywood stars.
12. See props, costumes and more on a studio tour at Paramount Studios.
13. Munch on mochi and ramen noodles in Little Tokyo.
14. Take a drive along scenic Pacific Coast Highway.
15. Go back in time to western days at the Autry Museum.
16. Buy fresh produce at the Santa Monica Farmers Market.
17. Shop and dine at the open-air Third Street Promenade.
18. See a Broadway-style show at the historic Pantages Theatre.
19. Catch a Disney flick at the iconic El Capitan Theatre.
20. Sit in on a free rehearsal at the Hollywood Bowl.
21. Pose for pix with Disney characters at the Disneyland Resort.
22. Sink your teeth into a classic In-N- Out Burger (order animal style for extra toppings!)
23. See the stars at Madame Tussauds Hollywood wax museum.
24. Dream of being a rock star at the Grammy Museum.
25. Watch live sports and concerts at the Staples Center.
26. Bite into the best French dip sandwich at Philipp the Original.
27. Stand under the Space Shuttle Endeavor at the free California Science Center (paid parking).
28. Take in an IMAX show at one of many theaters in L.A.
29. Bowl a strike at Pickwick Bowl. Neon bowling on weekends.
30. Tee off for a round of mini golf at Sherman Oaks Castle Park.
31. Admire paintings, statues, fountains and gardens at The Getty Center (free).
32. Follow the steps at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
33. Cheer on baseball players at Dodger Stadium.
34. Take a behind-the- scenes tour at Dodger Stadium.
35. Zoom over to the Petersen Automotive Museum.
36. Watch authentic excavations at La Brea Tar Pits.
37. See how Ice Age fossils are cleaned for exhibit at the Page Museum.
38. Eat at Grand Central Market.
39. Take a free walking tour at the Central Library.
40. Window shop on Rodeo Drive.
41. See dinosaur fossils at the Natural History Museum.
42. Ride a miniature train and see historic locomotives at Travel Town.
43. Saddle up for horseback riding through the Santa Monica Mountains.
44. Sunbathe at a cool hotel rooftop pool.
45. Chow down at famous Pink’s Hot Dogs.
46. Shop for unique gifts at Universal CityWalk.
47. Sightsee on a Hop-On Hop-Off Double Decker City Tour.
48. Eat like a local at Roscoe’s Chicken and waffles.
49. Have a donut or muffin at Randy’s Donuts.
50. Learn how movies are made during a Studio Tour at Universal Hollywood.
51. Stop at Original Sprinkles for a cookie cupcake.
52. Ride thrilling roller coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
53. Splash down at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Water Park.
54. Spend a day perusing the L.A. County Museum of Art.
55. Strap on a life jacket and ride a pedal boat in Echo Park.
56. Spot sea lions on a harbor cruise in San Pedro.
57. Hang 10 at Malibu’s Surfriders Beach.
58. Sail to Catalina Island. Look for dolphins along the way!
59. Tour the canals of Naples Island in Long Beach on a gondola.
60. Get face-to- face with jellies, penguins and other creatures at Aquarium of the Pacific.
61. Swing by Watts Towers 17 interconnected sculptural structures.
62. Visit the free California African American Museum.
63. Hike at Eaton Canyon Natural Area.
64. Travel on the Timber Mountain Log Ride at Knott’s Berry Farm.
65. Discover L.A.’s semi-secret network of 275 staircases from Pasadena to the Palisades.
66. Spend the night at a Disneyland hotel for early a.m. access to the parks.
67. Have dinner at Downtown Disney.
68. Try winetasting at California Adventure.
69. Zip down the OUE Skyspace LA. Skyslide (a glass slide) suspended 1,000 feet above downtown.
70. Get 360-degree views of L.A. from the City Hall Observation Deck.
71. Savor ethnic dishes at Original Farmers Market.
72. Go behind the scenes at Warner Bros. Studios.
73. Play at Los Arboles Rocketship Park in Torrance.
74. Fly a kite at the Korean Bell of Friendship in Angel’s Gate Park.
75. Relax at the ornamental Amir’s Garden in Griffith Park.
76. Focus on creative exhibits at the Annenberg Space for Photography.
77. Imagine pioneer life in Mentryville Ghost Town.
78. Stroll along the pretty Venice canals just a few blocks from the beach.
79. Build a beach body at Muscle Beach in Venice.
80. Buy unique reads at The Last Bookstore.
81. Admire lush gardens at Doheny Greystone Park in Beverly Hills. Free.
82. Visit The Broad contemporary art museum (free).
83. Dabble in painting classes at Barnsdall Art Park.
84. Play beach volleyball at the Annenberg Community Beach House.
85. Old-School Roller skating at Moonlight Rollerway.
86. Watch a movie at the TLC Chinese Theatre.
87. Shop and dine at The Grove.
88. Enjoy great city views in Runyon Canyon.
89. Take in a show at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
90. Go on a Hollywood Stars Homes Tour.
91. Learn to stand-up paddle board in Alamitos Bay.
92. Slurp a cherry coke and fries dipped in bleu cheese at Bob’s Big Boy.
93. Cruise along Mulholland Drive.
94. Listen to mariachi music on Olvera Street.
95. Wander through gardens at the Getty Villa in Malibu.
96. Pay your respects at Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
97. Watch a movie from your car at Electric Dust Drive-In Theater.
98. Surrounded yourself in nature at a botanical garden.
99. Get an aerial view of L.A. on a night helicopter tour.
100. Learn about aviation’s history at the Flight Path Museum & Learning Center.
101. Catch a classic California sunset from the Santa Monica Pier.