I’m sure most of you have a USB drive or two lying around. I’m a graphic designer and USB drives come in handy when I need to transfer files from work to home and vice versa. My husband uses them to backup his laptop for school. Aesthetically, Most USB drives are the same ole same ole. Although, I understand the need for functionality and compatibility.
“Boring” is definitely not how you would describe Mimoco’s line of designer flash drives called MIMOBOT. The Mimico site, offers a nice variety of MIMOBOT designs by artists such as Tokidoki, David Horvath and Gary Baseman. MIMOBOT also come in Hello Kitty designs and their newest release, the Star Wars Mimobot Series 5 collection.
We were lucky enough to test out the Stormtrooper Unmasked 4GB MIMOBOT ($39.95). This character also comes in 2, 8 and 16 GB. The unmasked MIMOBOT is presented as a blind assortment character. There is a 50/50 chance of receiving either Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. Ours was Luke. My husband’s reaction? COOL! He loves Stormtroopers and had more Stormtrooper action figures than any other growing up. It was also fun to see who we would get.
MIMOBOT characters are PC and MAC Compatible. My husband finished up his school year and backed up all the contents from his HP laptop onto the MIMOBOT. Everything saved smoothly and without any issues. The drive also works fine with my iMAC. Not a single problem transferring his files to the Mac. One gripe, the cap to the MIMOBOT was really hard to take off but has since loosened.
The Stormtrooper MIMOBOT was preloaded with wallpapers, screen savers, icons, avatars and more. Very cool stuff especially for Star Wars fans. A MIMOBOT would make an excellent gift for kids. What a fun way to store your homework! These USB drives are pricier than the average ones but they’re definitely unique. I don’t know about you, but I tend to take better care of items that cost more. My favorite aspect of MIMOBOTS? They look like collectible toys! What a fun way to hide your valuable data! Although they’re sturdy, they are not toys. Also, please remember that they’re suitable for kids 13+.
Are you attending Comic Con in San Diego? Mimoco is bringing back original MIMOBOT characters and introduces exclusive designs for anniversary at San Diego Comic Con. Make sure you stop Mimico’s booth and say hi.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) winner will win a MIMOBOT an in-stock character of their choice in 4GB.
REQUIRED ENTRY – What is your favorite MIMOBOT? Visit http://www.mimoco.com/shop/ and tell us what your favorite MIMOBOT is. Come back here and leave a comment in the reply box below this post.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Do you have a suggestion for a MIMOBOT character? Tell us! (2 extra entries)
- Follow MIMOBOT on Twitter (1 extra)
- Follow MIMOBOT on Facebook (1 extra)
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed or email (or tell us that you already do) (1 extra)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are) (1 extra)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – WIN a MIMOBOT USB Flash Drive! via @thatsitmommy and @mimobot http://wp.me/pAWsG-198 #giveaway)
This giveaway will run through midnight on July 9, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before July 11, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the mentioned MIMOBOT in this post to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.