GO, DIEGO, GO!:
THE GREAT PANDA ADVENTURE
KIDS HELP DIEGO SAVE ANIMALS AROUND THE GLOBE WITH FOUR NEW-TO-DVD EPISODES
Available on DVD on May 4, 2010
Nickelodeon’s Diego and Baby Jaguar rescue animals all over the world in the four new-to-DVD episodes featured on Go, Diego, Go!: The Great Panda Adventure. In these action-packed journeys, preschoolers help Diego pick up pandas in the mountains of China; return a lost koala to his mommy in the Australian Forest; reunite a lemur with his family in Madagascar; and protect a beaver’s dam from a giant wave in the Canadian Rockies. Special features include two music videos from Nickelodeon’s hit live-action, preschool music series The Fresh Beat Band. Created by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment, Go, Diego, Go!: The Great Panda Adventure will be released on DVD May 4, 2010, for the suggested retail price of $16.99.
Go, Diego, Go!: The Great Panda Adventure Episodes are:
- All Aboard The Giant Panda Express – Diego and Baby Jaguar are helping their friend, Yang, the Giant Panda Rescuer, at Bamboo Mountain in China, where lots of bamboo has just been planted. Their mission is to take a train ride to pick up all of the hungry pandas and bring them back to Bamboo Mountain as bamboo is the Giant Panda’s favorite food!
- Koala’s Birthday Hug – Diego’s in an Australian Forest when suddenly he hears a cry for help. It’s a koala who’s stuck in the middle of the road, with a truck headed right for him! Diego rescues the little koala and learns that today is Joey the Koala’s birthday. He must help Joey get back to his mommy and celebrate his birthday.
- Leaping Lemurs – Diego and Baby Jaguar are returning a group of animals to their home in Madagascar. But one animal, Sara the Sifaka Lemur, hasn’t been home in such a long time, that she can’t remember how to get there. To find her home, the trio travels through the island meeting many lemur friends until they finally catch up to Sara’s family.
- Diego Saves the Beavers – Diego and Baby Jaguar are returning a group of animals to their home in Madagascar. But one animal, Sara the Sifaka Lemur, hasn’t been home in such a long time, that she can’t remember how to get there. To find her home, the trio travels through the island meeting many lemur friends until they finally catch up to Sara’s family.
What we thought: We don’t have cable. But we’re still familiar with Nickelodeon’s programming. We’ve watched Go Diego Go while visiting relatives.
We love this video! Teagan learned about Giant Pandas, Koalas, Lemurs and Beavers. She learned about animal’s diets and what they’re afraid of. I even learned something new – Koala bears have two thumbs on one hand! Teagan loves to imitate the animal sounds. Most important, she learned about environmental conservation. Obviously she’s too young to understand what that means but it’s never too early to talk about the importance of taking care of the world.
My husband and I like the integration of Spanish words. We are not bilingual so we appreciate the cool feature where Diego “breaks the 4th wall” to interact with the viewer throughout the episodes. He asks questions for you to answer and asks you to repeat words. I get a kick out of watching Teagan respond to Diego.
GO KOALA! The songs are catchy and cute. Teagan loves dancing to the Go Diego Go theme song. The animation is attractive and the video is so much fun. You can watch the episodes one at a time or watch them all back-to-back. I definitely recommend this video. Your kids will be singing, dancing all while they’re on an educational adventure helping animals. I highly recommend Go, Diego, Go!: The Great Panda Adventure.
Asta luego amigos! See you soon!
* We received a DVD to facilitate this review.
This will in no way sway our opinion of the service.
The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.