One of my fondest childhood memories is of a playhouse my dad constructed for my brother and I. We spent many hours giggling, pretending and fighting in it! I’ve been looking for a playhouse for Teagan. She has a Hello Kitty tent that she enjoys but I kept thinking back to my cardboard playhouse. I had so much fun in mine that I thought she’d enjoy a little “house” of her own. I was so excited to come across the American-made, new green company called This Little Piggy’s House.
This Little Piggy’s House is not your typical cardboard playhouse. They have endless design opportunities with a chance to decorate a blank canvas! Paint, draw, add stickers or keep it natural. These are simply the cutest and most architecturally detailed cardboard playhouses. This playhouse surpasses the quality and design of the one I had growing up.
The playhouse was simple to assemble. My husband read over the instructions and with Teagan’s help they popped out all the pieces and were able to put together her playhouse. No glue, scissors, plastic or batteries. Just simple corrugated cardboard. With in minutes we had Teagan’s brand new, exceptionally engineered dream house!
Teagan couldn’t get enough of opening and closing the doors and then repeatedly going in and out the playhouse. I seriously thought that the door was going to come off the first day! Lately she’s been exploring entering and exiting through the window. I’ve found her in there reading or playing hide and seek with our dogs. The house is her quiet space. I kind of wish it was a little taller because she can’t stand upright. But she can sit comfortably and has plenty of room for her and her toys and books. The only other issue we encountered was the doors easily bend back. While Teagan opened and closed the doors, the bottom happened to catch on our carpeted floors every time. I suggest using a flat surface.
Teagan likes to take off the roof but we don’t mind. We also saved the extra corrugated cardboard packing frames and the box it came in and have used them for all sorts of imaginary objects and future art pieces.
This Little Piggy’s Houses are eco-friendly and can be recycled once you’re child has “brought down” the house. Houses come in kraft, white or individually hand-painted artwork using non-toxic acrylic paints. Prices range from $59-$199. Five percent of all profits are donated to organizations that feed hungry children around the world. This playhouse has been one of Teagan’s favorite things to add to her daily imaginative adventures. We love the fact that it’s natural and not another piece of plastic. For more information go to: www.thislittlepiggyshouse.com.
GIVEAWAY – This Little Piggy’s House is generously offering one (1) thatsITmommy reader a White Playhouse.
MAIN ENTRY – Visit www.thislittlepiggyshouse.com and tell me something else you learned about the company. AND tell me who you’d give this playhouse to.
(Come back here and leave your comment in the comment box below)
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Extra entries – Would you like to earn more entries? Please, leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to our RSS feed or by email (or let us know if you already subscribe).
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow us on Twitter and let us know.
- 1 Extra Entry – Like us on Facebook and let us know.
- 1 Extra Entry – Like This Little Piggy’s House on Facebook and let us know.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway – I entered to win a wonderful eco-friendly This Little Piggy’s House @thatsitmommy http://wp.me/pAWsG-Qq
* Let us know that you tweeted in a separate comment. Come back daily!
- 2 Extra Entries – Have a Blog? Blog about this giveaway and leave the url of your post in a separate comment below (make sure to leave three different posts #1, #2).
- 3 Extra Entries – Read my Q&A with This Little Piggy’s House owner Waibun Lee. Leave a comment for him on the Q&A and tell him why you like his playhouses (make sure to leave three different comment here #1, #2, #3).
This giveaway will run through midnight on May 2 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before May 4, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We received a playhouse to facilitate this review.
This will in no way sway our opinion of the service.
The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.