POUND PUPPIES: HOMEWARD POUND
DVD Special Feature include Learn to Draw Lucky
AVAILABLE NOW FROM SHOUT! FACTORY
The coolest thing about being a parent is getting to play with all the toys you loved as a kid that are now considered retro, and thereby hip. My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, The Smurfs…they were all among my favorites in the early 80s, and now I get to relive them through my daughters’ eyes. How sweet is that?!
So when my family had the opportunity recently to review the DVD Pound Puppies: Homeward Pound, I was psyched. My Pound Puppy was one of my favorite stuffed animals as a little girl. Just hearing the name Pound Puppies renders his image in my mind: his soft, light brown coat and long, floppy, chocolate-colored ears, mournful hound dog eyes and fluffy, huggable stuffiness. My mother, God love her, even bought me the Pound Puppies Christmas album one year. It consisted of about 15 familiar holiday songs, except instead of words, the dogs barked along to the music. I can’t for the life of me figure out why she’d do that to herself, except to see the unbidden joy on my face; the same reason I now sit through Barbie tea parties and KidzBop CDs for my own kids.
But I digress. Hasbro and Shout! Kids Productions have given the Pound Puppies a much more updated look and personality. Each breed of dog has a distinct character, from the feisty Chihuahua to the motherly Boxer who dons a pink bow. The Pound Puppies, in the DVD, form a team of fearless canines at Shelter 17 whose mission is to find homes for lonely puppies. Even though they look like regular dogs, Lucky, Niblet, Cookie, Squirt, Strudel and Mr. Nut Nut go to great lengths to match up puppies with the perfect loving families while fulfilling their mantra of “a pup for every person and a person for every pup”! And they do so by going on crazy and hilarious adventures, always ending up back at the shelter with their human caretakers none the wiser to their hijinks. My girls, especially my 3-year-old who is in a HUGE puppy phase at the moment, all adored the DVD, much to my delight. And what’s not to adore? The Pound Puppies are fun for everyone, young and old!
The episodes on the DVD include “Homeward Pound”, “My Fair Rebound”, “Quintuplets”, “K-9 Kid” and “Zoltron” and the DVD comes with a bonus feature of Learn to Draw Lucky, one of the beloved gang of Pound Puppies. Pound Puppies: Homeward Pound retails for $12.99 and is now available in stores. Want more of those adventurous Pound Puppies? You can also catch them on The Hub in the U.S. and YTV in Canada. They’ll bark their way into your children’s hearts in no time!
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a copy of the Pound Puppies: Homeward Pound DVD. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 4/3/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, tell us who you’d give your movie to and why!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Follow Shout Factory on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a Pound Puppies: Homeward Pound DVD from @shoutfactory via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=22976 #giveaway ) back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on April 3, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received Pound Puppies: Homeward Pound from Shout! Kids Productions free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.*