Pocoyo, the fun-loving, curious little boy on the Nick Jr. show of the same name, is the Global Kids’ Ambassador for the World Wildlife Fund’s Earth Hour 2012. And he is spreading Earth Hour’s message to children around the world through activities and by participating in his own challenge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5usSE_pmULs.
What is Earth Hour?
Earth Hour 2012 takes place Saturday March 31 from 8.30p.m. to 9:30p.m. local time as individuals, businesses, governments and communities are invited to turn out their lights for one hour to show their support for environmentally sustainable action. This single moment of contemplation for the planet unites hundreds of millions of people each year in celebration of their year-round commitment to protect and preserve the planet.
How can you celebrate with POCOYO?
POCOYO will be also be featured in a new Public Service Announcement which will air on TV and online, and there are special POCOYO Earth Hour activity booklets available for downloading, as well as POCOYO Earth Hour screensavers and wallpapers for FREE at http://www.POCOYO.com/earth_hour_2012.html!
As part of the new 2012 Earth Hour campaign, Zinkia Entertainment introduced POCOYO’s Recycling Game, available through www.pocoyo.com, Earth Hour’s website (www.earthhour.org) and the Official POCOYO Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pocoyo).
Here are some “green” tips to adopt Earth Hour and every day!
- Turn off lights and all electronics when you leave a room to conserve energy
- Turn off lights and appliances at the wall when not in use
- Switch to energy-efficient light bulbs
- Use rechargeable batteries in toys
- Say no to disposable plastic water bottles and use refillable stainless steel alternatives
- Use dish towels instead of paper towels
- Don’t use disposable plates, utensils or napkins
- If you have stuff you no longer need, instead of throwing them away, minimize your waste footprint and donate to a charity or use a service that allows items to be donated or recycled such as www.palcycle.com
- Use the sunlight to warm up a room by keeping the blind and drapes open
- Close drapes and blinds when it’s too hot to keep a room cool
- Plant Native plants that require less water, care & maintenance
- Grow your own fruits & vegetables
- Start a compost
- Have a candlelight “family hour” at least once a week & play board games in lieu of TV.
- Ask kids to help sort the recycling and explain how this help to reduce waste
- Reduce your water use — Take shorter showers, turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, install water saving shower-heads and dual-flush toilets, repair dripping taps – all these things add up!
- Walk, use a bicycle or take public transportation
- Car pool to school and/or work
- Take a reusable cloth bag when you go shopping
- Buy local, seasonal produce and avoid unnecessarily packaged goods
- Choose Fair Trade products
- Share your “green tips” with friends
How to Participate in the Giveaway
To promote POCOYO’s Earth Hour initiatives, NCircle Entertainment is offering a giveaway copy of the new POCOYO DVD, FUN & GAMES. The DVD, which will be released on April 3 SRP: $12.99, features POCOYO, the fun-loving, curious little boy with a big personality. Watch as he explores, plays games and has fun with his friends Pato, Elly, Loula and Sleepy Bird. Viewers can join them as they stage their own version of the Olympics, create a magic show and ride the new, big, scary slide in the playground.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy readers will receive the new POCOYO DVD, FUN & GAMES. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 4/4/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, watch POCOYO’s Earth Hour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5usSE_pmULs and tell us about your earth friendly habits. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- “Like” POCOYO on Facebook
- Follow POCOYO on Twitter
- “Like” Earth Hour on Facebook
- Follow Earth Hour on Twitter
- Follow NCircle Entertainment on Twitter
- LIKE NCircle Entertainment on Facebook
- Follow Trees for the Future Org on Twitter
- Follow palcycle.com on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on April 4, 2012 (PST). Winners will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review.That’s IT Mommy received the Pocoyo DVD free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor.Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.
We recycle, shop locally and try to buy items without excess packaging!
LIke POCOYO on FB
We recycle, I use cloth bags for the market, we grow our own veggies and friuts.
Liked POCOYO on Facebook.
Following NCircle Entertainment on Twitter.
Liked NCircle Entertainment on Facebook.
Subscribed to your e-newsletter.
Liked you on Facebook.
Following you on Twitter.
Following you on Networked Blogs.
We recycle, turn off lights, unplug stuff, turn off the water when not needed.
Follow you on GFC.
Iam an email subscriber.
I like you on facebook.
I entered another giveaway.
I entered another giveaway x2
I entered another giveaway x3
i recycle, and the clothes that we don’t use i pass them to another family.
We recycle and tun off lights, TV’s and computers when we aren’t using them.
Like you on FB Susan Smith
i use cloth paper towels! sooo much better and less expensive 🙂
we shop with cloth bags firstname.lastname@example.org
i like pocoyo on fb susan v email@example.com
i like earth hour on fb susan v firstname.lastname@example.org
We recycle, use cloth bags to shop, compost.
Like you on Facebook
Follow you on GFC
Entered the Kohl’s Cares Eric Carle giveaway #1
Entered the Kohl’s Cares Eric Carle giveaway #2
Entered the Kohl’s Cares Eric Carle giveaway #3
I recycle paper and plastic bottles, use reusable bags for shopping, and plant trees in my garden.
I like POCOYO on Facebook (trung nguyen)
I like you on Facebook (trung nguyen)
I like you on Pinterest (trung nguyen)
I follow POCOYO on Twitter (cistran)
I follow you on Twitter (cistran)
I follow Earth Hour on Twitter (cistran)
I like Earth Hour on Facebook (trung nguyen)
I follow NCircle Entertainment on Twitter (cistran)
I like NCircle Entertainment on Facebook (trung nguyen)
I follow Trees for the Future Org on Twitter (cistran)
I follow palcycle.com on Twitter (cistran)
Networked Blogs follower
I entered the DVD Review & Giveaway – Pound Puppies: Homeward Pound
I entered the Kohl’s Cares: Featuring Eric Carle Review and Giveaway
I entered the The Wocka Wocka Value Pack: The Muppets Movie Review & Giveaway!
We go paperless in our kitchen. No paper towels. Only washable cloth napkins and dish cloths.
I like you on Facebook
We recycle a lot and have a fun time going to the recycle bin.
We recycle all cardboard, cans and bottles. Lucas likes to bring them outside and put them in the right containers for pickup.
I “Like” you on FB
I subscribe to your newsletter 🙂 #3
We recycle and pick up trash in neighborhood.
recycle, try to keep water and elec use down
We recycle and have a vegetable garden.
We grow vegetables at home and compost!
I enjoy growing a lot of my vegtables every summer!!
We don’t waste water and reduce and reuse everything we can!!
FB fan of Pocoyo!- Jaclyn Reynolds
FB fan of Earth Hour- Jaclyn Reynolds
We recycle, I grow my own vegetables and fruits. I also use reuseable bags at the grocery stores.
“Like” POCOYO on Facebook as Gina Ferrell
“Like” Earth Hour on Facebook as Gina Ferrell
Follow NCircle Entertainment on Twitter @BriellePrincess
LIKE NCircle Entertainment on Facebook as Gina Ferrell
Subscribe to your e-newsletter.
Like you on Facebook as Gina Ferrell
Follow you on Networked Blogs as Gina Ferrell
I recycle and try to buy organic products
I subscribe to your newsletter
I follow via GFC
We recycle !!!
jofo120 at yahoo dot com
“Like” POCOYO on Facebook ( JoAnna Danna)
jofo120 at yahoo dot com
like you on Facebook ( JoAnna Danna)
jofo120 at yahoo dot com
We recycle everything our city accepts.