Los Angeles Comic Con celebrates its ninth year at the Los Angeles Convention Center beginning Friday, October 11 – Sunday, October 13, 2019.
Over 106,000 fans attended L.A. Comic Con in 2018 as it went through a little bit of a change. It would be the first time the late, great Stan Lee would not be in attendance and the name was changed from Stan Lee’s L.A. Comic Con to L.A. Comic Con. The event is no stranger to changes, in the past eight years it has gone through a couple of name changes, grown and gotten better.
Actress and writer, Clarke Wolfe (“SATANIC PANIC,” “MEMORY: THE ORIGINS OF ALIEN”, DC Universe, Nerdist, Collider, SyFy, and More), will be hosting and emceeing the event. This may be the best one yet, with the addition of more iconic stars, expanded programming and panels.
The Main Exhibit Hall will host 800+ artists and vendors, selling comics, collectibles, art, toys, apparel, and everything in-between. Attendees will have the chance to get up close and personal with some of the biggest and best names in the entertainment industry with a handpicked selection of panels, events, costume contests, and meet and greet opportunities.
Special Guests include: Ron Perlman, Drake Bell, Gerard Way, and actor Elijah Wood, along with Brian Bloom, Felicia Day, Gabriel Iglesias, Sam Jones, Richard Kraft, Rob Liefeld, Rose McIver, Jason Mewes, Astronaut Andreas Mogensen, John Murphy, Emily Rice, Sherri Shepherd, Kevin Smith, Jacob Vargas, and many more!
L.A. Comic Con Exclusives
Hot Topic will unveil their exclusive Funko Pops! at L.A. Comic Con 2019! Exclusives include Eleven from “Stranger Things,” supervillain Mysterio, Homer Muumuu from “The Simpsons,” or Prison Mike from “The Office.”
UCC will reveal their exclusive Deku “My Hero Academia” FiGPiN, Funko Pop! “My Hero Academia” Todoroki Glow In The Dark, Funko Pop! Marvel Spider-Carnage, Funko Pop Dragon Ball Super SSGSS Goku Kamehameha, Funko Pop! Dragon Ball Z Metallic Vegeta, and more!
Debut of Brigade #1. Creator Rob Liefield will debut BRIGADE #1, with an exclusive L.A. Comic Con cover available only at the show!
Some of the Show Programming includes:
– KROQ Live Broadcast with Stryker & Klein on Friday from 3pm-7pm.
– Half Truth. The new trivia game created by Ken Jennings (Jeopardy legend) and Richard Garfield (Magic the Gathering creator).
– Crypt TV: The Birch Screening and Panel. Kate Krantz (Crypt TV CCO and Executive Producer), Xaria Dotson (Evie Grayson), Dempsy Bryk (Thurston Polk), and Michael Cram (Sebastian). Moderated by Darren Brandl (Crypt TV COO and Executive Producer).
– Spotlight On: Kel Mitchell (“Kenan & Kel,” “All That,” and “Game Shakers,” and movies “Good Burger” and “Mystery Men!”).
– “Kim Possible” Reunion! Christy Carlson Romano (voice of Kim Possible) and Will Friedle (voice of Ron Stoppable) reminisce about their former spy days.
– Tribute: Rob Liefeld Remembers Stan Lee. A personal and candid look back on Rob and Stan’s relationship with stories, images, and fond memories from their 30+ year-long friendship.
– “Jay and Silent Bob Reboot” Panel. Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes host a very special “Jay and Silent Bob Reboot” panel, followed by a “Jay and Silent Bob” cosplay photoshoot at the Quick Stop Wall
– Voices of Overwatch Panel. Overwatch voice actors Josh Petersdorf (Roadhog), Jen Cohn (Pharah) and Anjali Bhimani (Symmetra) talk about the gaming phenomenon. Moderated by Comedian and Host, Lacretia Lyon.
– WOW Wrestling Match. AXS TV’s groundbreaking hit series WOW – Women Of Wrestling. The Beast will compete against The Lioness in the ring.
– “Zombieland: Double Tap” Segment. A very special Zombieland: Double Tap surprise that you won’t want to miss brought to you by director Ruben Fleischer.
– It’s Morphin Time! Celebrate more than 25 years of Power Rangers with some of your favorite Power Rangers actors, including Jack Guzman (“Power Rangers Wild Force”), Davi Santos (“Power Rangers Dino Charge”), Nico Greetham (“Power Rangers Ninja Steel”), Caleb Bendit (“Power Rangers Ninja Steel”), and more! Moderated by Comedian/Actor Ben Kliewer (TheConGuy.com).
– Spotlight On: Drake Bell (“Drake and Josh,” “The Amanda Show,” and voicing Spider-Man in “The Ultimate Spider-Man!”). Moderated by Comedian and Host, Lacretia Lyon.
– Pokemon. Voice actors Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, and Rachel Lillis, from the Pokemon anime series, break down the legendary TV series. Moderated by Comedian Ted Evans.
– “Growing up Gygax” Panel. Luke Gygax, the son of D&D co-creator Gary Gygax and moderator David Baxter (Legion M) as they take an in-depth look at the origins of the game from someone who literally grew up as the game was born and saw the rise, fall, and rise of one of the most influential tabletop games of all time.
– Mystery Science Theater 3000: Jonah Ray and Felicia Day. Go in-depth on Mystery Science Theater 3000, and what it’s like to take on a cult favorite such as MST3K.
– Spotlight On: Run DMC. Darryl McDaniels of Run DMC and Darryl Makes Comics tells us what he has coming up next! Moderated by TV Personality, Shynieka Taylor.
– Panel: Mayans MC. Clayton Cardenas, Richard Cabral, Michael Irby, and Frankie Loyal go in-depth on their biker drama, Mayans M.C.
– And more panels that include video games, music and live performances.
LG OLED TV Tour, offers a unique opportunity to experience OLED TV. Find out about the amazing OLED TV and its technology. Anyone who visits the OLED TV Trailer, take pictures of themselves with Transparent OLED, and shares those on their social media accounts with the designated hashtag (#OLEDLAComicCon) will enter a lucky draw pool. Take a photo of yourself in your cosplay inside or in front of the LG OLED Truck and post it to Instagram using hashtag #OLEDLAComicCon ONE winner over the weekend will be chosen to win a PS4 based on most creative costume and post from inside/in front of the LG OLED Truck and will be announced Sunday after 5:00 p.m. on L.A. Comic Con’s Instagram
Indoor Trick-or-Treat Returns, as all kids 12 and under, are invited to CLEAN UP at L.A.’s safest, most well-lit, indoor trick-or-treat experience! This event is for children 12 and under and will take place in the South Hall. All vendor booths will have candy and costumes are not required. The Trick-or-Treat will be held from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tickets are still available at ShowClix. Get 15% off using the promo code 15OFF. For more info on L.A. Comic Con, please visit: https://www.comicconla.com or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
HASHTAGS: #ComicConLA #ComicConLA19