I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy on the CVS Pharmacy Difference Campaign. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
CVS Pharmacies Coming to a Target Store Near You! Bringing Great Tech Benefits for Families
This past winter, two super family brands, CVS and Target, announced that the pharmacies and clinics within Target stores will be operated by CVS on a store-within-a-store format. Now 1,672 pharmacies within Target stores across 47 states will be recognizable as CVS/pharmacies. Additionally, 79 Target clinic locations will be rebranded as MinuteClinics.
Our family have been loyal customers of both CVS and Target stores and are happy to know that no matter where we are, if illness strikes we have pharmacy locations across the country that will quickly and easily fill our prescription needs.
As a mom I find apps help me keep all the members of my family and their medical information and doctor appointments organized. I’ve happily used Total Baby to track my kiddos growth and appointments for the past eight years.
So I’m pretty excited about the cool new tech benefits of the CVS Target partnership. Here are nine new things I think are super useful on the CVS Pharmacy mobile app and website.
1) Ever forget to ask the doctor about how new prescriptions may interact with other medicines your family is taking? Join the club. Now, the CVS Pharmacy mobile app’s Drug Interaction Checker will do the research for you.
2) Another safety net is the app’s Pill Identifier feature. You can identify which pill is which by entering in its shape, color or imprint.
3) Scan-to-Refill feature allows you to use your phone’s camera to simply scan the prescription’s barcode and order a refill in one step.
4) The MedRemind feature helps keep you on track with medication schedules. Customize reminders to take prescriptions on time, and notify caregivers when a dose is missed.
5) Scan Paper script tool lets you quickly start the prescription fill process by capturing a photo of their written prescription through the mobile app.
6) Insurance Card Scan allows you to share new insurance information with your pharmacist by taking a photo of your insurance card and allowing for instant updating of data across all store systems.
7) Have an Apple Watch? The app is compatible with the Apple Watch to tell you when your prescription is ready, along with giving you the ability to refill prescriptions and check information.
8) CVS.com has a cool new “How This Drug Works” video library. Watch videos that show what is happening inside the body when taking medications. Too early to see if the medicine is working? See what the medicine is intended to do within your body via video.
9) One of my favorite new benefits is the ability to combine prescription and non-prescription health information into one personalized printable list that folds into card size to store in your wallet. This is super convenient for babysitters, or when we are traveling.