I’ve got a house full of girly girls, I have to say. They love feminine colors, fancy dresses, princesses, dress-up, dancing and bubble baths. And what girly girl doesn’t love mermaids? They’re magical, beautiful sea creatures filled with wonder and grace. You can imagine, then, the frenzy that took place in my house when we recently received the Moxie Girlz Magic Swim Mermaid doll by MGA Entertainment. With purple fins, a sparkly purple top, auburn hair and freckles, Kellan the Magic Swim Mermaid swam her way into my girls’ hearts before she was even out of the box.
We quickly learned, after a couple of batteries, that Kellan and all the Moxie Girlz mermaids automatically swim when placed in water—no on/off switch needed! I was actually quite amazed at how gracefully Kellan moved through the water in our bathtub. The Moxie Girlz mermaids also have posable bodies along with their sparkly tails and are about the size of a standard Barbie doll. All three of my girls (ages 9, 7 and 3) have had a blast using Kellan at different times, so the Moxie Girlz appeal spans quite an age bracket, though it is recommended for ages 3-5.
Kellan (as well as each of the other Moxie Girls Magic Swim Mermaids) retails for $24.99 and is available in all major toy stores and online. And as always, I look for a positive message in the toys with which my girls play, and the Moxie Girlz are not without one: they believe that every girl has the strength to do something amazing and that anything is possible as long as you stay true to yourself and never give up on your dreams! After all, what is moxie? 1. Positive attitude and confidence. 2. The courage to go for it. 3. Energy in everything you do. So check out the Moxie Girlz Magic Swim Mermaids—they’re a perfect addition to your own moxie girl’s bath time!
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Moxie Girlz Magic Swim Mermaid! This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 5/16/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit the Moxie Girlz website http://www.moxiegirlz.com and tell us which product you like and why! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- “Like” Moxie Girls on Facebook
- Follow Moxie Girlz on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (1 extra/day (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway copy ( #Win a Moxie Girlz Magic Swim Mermaid via @thatsitmommy @TheMoxieGirlz http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=24693 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet
*This giveaway will run through midnight on May 16, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a Moxie Girl Magic Swim Mermaid free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.*