It is a cold, yucky day in Virginia. The skies are grey and ominous looking and there is a cold wind blowing that cuts right through you. Needless to say, the boys and I are doing indoor activities today. I just happened to peek outside to see if it was raining and I found a box on my front porch. It’s like kismet! Inside this box is the perfect remedy for a cold winter day – a box of “Sweet & Spicy Tea and Herb Blend” from Good Earth Tea.
I immediately began boiling some water. As soon as I put the teabag in to steep, my kitchen was filled with the most mouthwatering scent of cinnamon. My mind went straight to memories of Big Red gum, Red Hot candies, and Valentine’s Day. I actually expected this tea to brew up bright red because the aroma was so strong (it didn’t). After letting my tea cool a bit, I tried my first sip and was surprised at how naturally sweet it is. For most people, it probably doesn’t need any additional sweetener. I’m not most people though. I like my tea sweet, so I added in a little sugar and it was perfect!
A cup of this black tea has the ideal blend of sweet and spicy. The cinnamon aroma is soothing and each sip is sweetly satisfying with a little hint of spices on the tongue. I think it is delicious and I’m sure most would agree!
Along with the fantastic tea, I was also very impressed by the Good Earth Tea as a company. They were one of the first herbal tea companies in America in the 1970s. Their teas contain no sugar, artificial colors or preservatives, are allergen free and do not contain MSG or soy. They are also Kosher certified by the Orthodox Union, and undergo rigorous testing policies for tea and herbs. The company itself has made steps to make their products greener. They reduced the environmental impact of product packaging by removing the plastic wrap from tea boxes. Their cartons are produced on recyclable cardboard and are printed with soy-based inks. The tea bags are unbleached and tea tags are made from recycled products. Lastly, the Good Earth Tea factory is 75% solar energy powered!
If you are a tea lover like me, I highly recommend you take a closer look at Good Earth Tea. Their product line features their original sweet and spicy tea, as well as superfruit, green, chai, black, white, organic, and medicinal teas. Good Earth Tea is available at many retailers throughout the United States, as well as online here. The tea boxes contain either 18 or 25 bags and retail for about $4.79. You can learn more about Good Earth Tea at www.goodearth.com.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive two boxes of Good Earth’s Sweet and Spicy tea to enjoy! This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 2/29/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit www.goodearth.com and tell us about another product you’d like to try. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Good Earth Tea on Facebook
- Follow Good Earth Tea on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win 2 boxes of Good Earth’s Sweet and Spicy tea! via @thatsitmommy @GoodEarthTea http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=22276 ) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on February 29, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received Sweet and Spicy tea from Good Earth Tea free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.