Fried rice is the perfect quick meal on those nights where you just don’t have time or energy to create a dinner from scratch. Throw in some veggies, scrambled eggs and viola! Instant meal! Using a product like, Minute Rice cuts down your cooking time in half, which means more time at the dinner table with your family. I recently learned that Minute Rice offered a Whole Grain Brown Rice. It is 100% Whole Grain, gluten free, is low sodium and only 1.5 g of fat per serving. If you like the nutty, rich flavor of brown rice, Minute 100% While Grain Brown Rice is a delicious, healthier option, as it has the same nutritional values as regular long cooking brown rice.
I used the Classic Fried Rice recipe from Minuterice.com which makes 4 servings. I did have a couple of substitutions.
White Rice instead of Brown.
Bag of fresh stir fry vegetables instead of frozen
Kikkoman less sodium soy sauce.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups Minute® White Rice, uncooked
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen stir fry vegetables, thawed
- 3 Tbsps Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
• HEAT oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
• ADD rice, brown slightly (about 3 minutes). ADD eggs. SCRAMBLE until cooked thoroughly.
• ADD broth, vegetables and Kikkoman Soy Sauce to skillet; bring to a boil. REMOVE from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
• Reduce the sodium on this recipe by using low-sodium soy sauce and chicken broth. For softer rice increase broth to 1½ cups. Also, try substituting sesame oil for the vegetable oil – be careful, don’t overheat the sesame oil.
You can add tofu or left over chicken to the mix as well! Yum!
Use Minute rice to create a great main meal or side for your next family get-together!
Minute® Rice is so quick and easy to prepare and is great pantry staple. When meal time seems like a hassle, Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love and allows you to have more quality time doing what your want with your loved ones.
Leftover rotisserie chicken or veggies from a meal earlier in the week? Minute® Rice can easily be paired with some of your leftover ingredients to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal your whole family will love in just a matter of minutes.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ to create a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.