As a Physical Therapist, I understand the importance of proper footwear through all stages of life. Tsukihoshi is a line of childrens’ shoes that emphasizes “A child’s foot is not just a miniature version of an adult’s foot” So true. Their line of kids shoes are developed specifically for the health and comfort of children’s feet, wide through the toes and with a flexible sole. These aspects are important, as you don’t want to constrain a growing foot (potentially causing adverse changes in their growth).
We received the Baby 03 (in navy) and the Child 34 (purple/raspberry) to review. These also go by the names Maru and Arisa, respecively. Since my son recently started cruising, I was interested to see how these shoes would alter his balance, and I’m happy to report I didn’t notice any difference in his ability to balance with these shoes on. This was good news! Also, these shoes are very easy for me to get on and off, which is a huge plus since my little guy seems to have the most fun wiggling and rolling whenever I try to get him dressed! My independent 3.5 year old, Kieran, loves how easy it is to get the shoes on and off by herself, too. She also loves the bright colors. Since she started wearing them, they’ve become her “go to” shoes. She says they’re comfortable, and really is beside herself with joy to have purple sneakers!
To me, the most appealing feature is that all of their shoes are machine washable! But I also love that on both styles of shoes, there is a “flex joint” on the sole. This is located where the ball of the foot is and is a slightly more flexible portion as compared to the rest of the sole. On a different note, I also like that Kieran feels like she’s dressing up in her purple shoes, but they are more like tennis shoes so they’re great for the playground. Other stand-out features of Tsukihoshi shoes include:
- Promotes balanced landing
- Arch support
- Antibacterial insole (made with Green Tea polyphenol)
- Barefoot-like comfort
- Light & flexible
- Velcro fasteners on most styles make for easing on and off
The Child 34 (aka Arisa) retails for $57.00. The Baby 03 (aka Maru) retails for $53.00. They can be purchased at Nordstroms, Zappos.com, Endless.com and in stores throughout the US, Canada and Australia. For a complete listing of retailers, click here.
Tsukihoshi is one of Japan’s oldest footwear companies. Combining modern and innovative design with centuries-old Japanese craftsmanship and artistry, the company takes pride in it’s shoes for babies, toddlers and youths. Each Tsukihoshi shoe is made with the child’s foot specifically in mind to help promote their healthy development and growth.
GIVEAWAY: Tsukihoshi’s PR team is kindly offering One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader a pair of shoes (winner’s choice, based on availability) – Ends 01/23/11
MAIN ENTRY – Tell us which pair of shoes you would like if you’re the winner! Leave a comment in the box below.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment. Each entry is worth 1 point (unless noted).
- Like Tsukihoshi on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow Tsukihoshi on Twitter (leave your twitter ID)
- Subscribe to our email newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (3 extra, leave 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post on our site (tell us which one)
- Tweet: I entered to win a pair of @TsukihoshiUS Kids’ shoes via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=8936 #giveaway (can be tweeted daily)
This giveaway will run through midnight on January 23, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 24 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the shoes mentioned in this review free of charge in order to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.