Hey kids……”Yoooooooo Gabba Gabba!” I can’t tell you how many times that is shouted in our house. We love everything about Yo Gabba Gabba and we were excited to find out that the YGG gang is currently touring across the country! My family was lucky enough to catch them at the Nokia Center in LA a few weeks ago.
Teagan’s favorite part is seeing the characters live in person but I have to say one of the best parts of the live show and the television program is the music! The TV show has a great mixture of songs for the kidlets and the parents. My husband and I definitely dig the genre of bands that are selected for each program. Each selected song seems to fit the episodes and skits perfectly!
We recently received a copy of Yo Gabba Gabba Music is Awesome! Volume 2 which is put out by FILTER US Recordings. The CD comes with 20 tracks. I love that #20 is YGG’s “Goodbye Song” that features Jack Black! His guest appearance on a YGG episode has to be one of our all time favorites.
Volume Two also features songs sung by YGG such as the “Name Game” and “The Freeze Game.” These are some of my daughter’s favorite to sing-a-long and move to! I’m excited that some of my favorite bands, Hot Hot Heat, Jimmy Eat World and the Ting Tings made it on the CD. We get our “sillies out” by playing out skits that the songs came from.
The artwork is bold and colorful and Teagan likes looking through the collage of YGG characters. I recommend adding this title to your CD collection. YGG fans of all sizes can rock out to with their “Super Music Friends” and the cool music!
GIVEAWAY: Our friends at Filter Magazine and Filter US Recordings are generously offering prize packs to (2) two lucky winners!!
Prize pack (pictured above) includes “Best Friends” Book, “The Gabba Land Band” Book, Yo Gabba Gabba: Music is Awesome! Volume 1 & 2, and “Dance with DJ Lance” Book.
MAIN ENTRY – What is your child’s (or your) favorite Yo Gabba Gabba episode or song? and tell us who their favorite YGG character is.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment. Each entry is worth 1 point.
- Follow Filter Magazine on Twitter
- Subscribe to our email newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post on our site
- Enter another one of our current giveaways
- Tweet: Yoooo Gabba Gabba! Enter to win an awesome YGG Prize Pack via @thatsitmommy & @FILTERmagazine (2 winners!) http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=8656 (can be tweeted daily)
This giveaway will run through 12 noon on December 16, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 24 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a copy of Yo Gabba Gabba Music is Awesome! Vol. 2 free of charge in order to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.