Wreck-IT Ralph is one of my favorite animations from 2012! It’s a delightful movie that my family watched numerous times in the theater I was stoked to hear that the popular Disney title was coming out on 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack.
Ralph (John C. Reilly) is the bad guy from the arcade game Fix-IT Felix Jr. He feels unappreciated in his eight-bit world. He’s always in good guy Fix-It Felix’s (Jack McBrayer) shadow and Ralph wants to show the world that he too can be a good guy. He game jumps to prove that he can be a hero and goes on the adventure of his life!
Viewers are treated to cameos from Q*bert, Pac Man as well as new characters such as Vanellope von Schweetz (Sarah Silverman) from the game Sugar Rush and Sergeant Tamora Jean Calhoun (Jane Lynch) from Hero’s Duty. The graphics are beautifully rendered and the movie is just pure fun for the entire family. As always, the blu-ray combo packs offer awesome extras including deleted and behind the scene bonuses. My favorite bonus is the Oscar winner short, Paperman. The short ran in front of Wreck-It Ralph and it is timeless. I love it.
Get your game on and press play!
Bonus Materials Overview for These Products:
4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray +DVD + Digital Copy)
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray +DVD)
• Bit by Bit: Creating the Worlds of “Wreck-It Ralph” – Fans of the film will get a look at five new worlds created for “Wreck-It Ralph.” The short takes viewers into Game Central Station with the artists who brought Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Jr. to life.
• Alternate & Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes are highlighted with an introduction and optional audio commentary from director Rich Moore.
• Video Game Commercials – Viewers can check out the commercials created for the video games featured in the film – Fix It Felix Jr., Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Hammer.
• “Paperman” – This animated short film played in theaters before “Wreck It Ralph.” It tells the story of a young man in an office who sees the girl of his dreams in a skyscraper window across the street. But how can he get her attention?
Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Materials
• Disney Intermission: The Gamer’s Guide to “Wreck-It-Ralph” – When the film is paused, host Chris Hardwick appears on screen to guide viewers through a series of 10 video segments offering an inside look at the many video game references, Disney references and other hidden surprises featured in the film.
|Suggested Retail Prices:||4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) = $49.99 US/$56.99 Canada
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) = $39.99 US/$46.99 Canada
DVD = $29.99 US/$35.99 Canada
Digital and On-Demand = Consumers should check with their television provider or preferred digital retailer for pricing and additional information
|Feature Run Time:||Approximately 101 Minutes|
|Rating:||Feature Film “PG” in U.S. and Canada; “Paperman”: “G”; Additional Bonus Features Not Rated|
|Aspect Ratio:||Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Feature Film = 2.39:1 1080p High Definition
DVD Feature Film = 2.39:1 – Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions
|Blu-ray 3D Film = English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and DVD 2.0 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray Feature Film = English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD Feature Film = English 5.1 and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital; Spanish (U.S. Only) and French (Canada Only) 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
|Languages||Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Feature Film = English SDH, French and Spanish Subtitles
DVD Feature Film = English SDH; Spanish (U.S. Only) and French (Canada Only) Subtitles
Stay connected with the latest news and information about “Wreck It Ralph”:
• “Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WreckItRalph
• Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyAnimation
• Website and Mobile Site: www.Disney.com/WreckItRalph
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. Tee received Wreck-It Ralph Blu-ray from PR free of charge to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.