Disney’s “Strange World” was a heartwarming tale about fathers and sons, and the legacy passed down to future generations. And soon, it will be available for you to own on 4K, Blu-ray, DVD, and digital. As always, audiences to enjoy at home with never-before-seen bonus features and deleted scenes. The stunning family adventure arrives on all major digital platforms this holiday season on December 23 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD February 14. Strange World will also be available to Disney+ subscribers starting on December 23.
While the film did not perform up to critical or box office expectations when compared to the likes of “Frozen,” “Frozen II,” “Big Hero 6,” and “Encanto,” I found it to be a fun tale with heart and humor that the whole family can enjoy. And if you cannot wait until December 23 to see it, then know that “Strange World” will also be available on Disney+ on December 23, as well.
Here are a list of some of the bonus features that will be available on the “Strange World” home entertainment edition.
- Anatomy of a Scene: Creating A Strange World – Learn about Walt Disney Animation Studios’ creative process through a single, visually stunning scene as the filmmaking team puts all of their imagination – and more – on the screen.
- Strange Science – Jaboukie Young-White (voice of Ethan Clade) hosts an exploration of how Walt Disney Animation Studios artists were inspired by real science to create Strange World.
- Creature Feature – Journey into the world beneath Avalonia and meet some of the terrifying, slimy, gassy – and sometimes cute – creatures that inhabit this Strange World.
- The Hidden Secrets of Strange World – Uncover the references and characters from some of your favorite Walt Disney Animation Studios films hidden throughout the film, along with some fun facts and behind–the–scenes stories of how Strange World was made.
- Outtakes – Go behind the glass as we join the cast of Strange World inside the recording booth for some fun, flubs and outtakes.
- The Ballad of Jaeger Clade
- Lightning Lynx
- Funerals and Promises
- Ethan and Searcher
Directed by Don Hall and co-directed and written by Qui Nguyen, “Strange World” features the voice talents of Jake Gyllenhaal, Dennis Quaid, Jaboukie Young-White, Gabrielle Union, and Lucy Liu.
Here’s the official plot synopsis for “Strange World:”
“Strange World” introduces a legendary family of explorers, the Clades, as they attempt to navigate an uncharted, treacherous land alongside a motley crew that includes a mischievous blob called Splat; Legend, the family dog; and a slew of ravenous creatures. The voice cast includes Academy Award®- and Tony Award®-nominated actor Jake Gyllenhaal as Searcher Clade, a family man who finds himself out of his element on an unpredictable mission.