Nailed It! returns for its fourth season!
Desserts worthy of gold medals, Shakespearean lore and the pursuits of Indiana Jones will be featured on the fourth season of “Nailed It!” on Netflix, which debuted April 1.
Part of season 4 of “Nailed It!” includes the social media #naileditchallenge. Starting at 9 a.m. on April 3, and continuing for three weeks, fans of the show can make their own creations with ingredients and accessories they have in their house. The best, most creative and unusual creations will be shared on the @NailedIt social channels.
Nicole Byer and Jacques Torres host the baking show which is part competition and part hot mess. Bakers compete by creating edible entries for a $10,000 prize.
The seven episodes are themed for specific moments in pop culture. The Let’s Get Lit episode focuses on creating dishes inspired by literary references. Bakers will create Shakespearean style cookies and a Moby Dick cake.
The One with the 90s Theme has bakers experiment with liquid nitrogen to make ice cream boom boxes.
The Indiana Fails and the Temple of Slop episode includes chocolate eggs and a sphinx cake. At least the bakers are not asked to make chilled monkey brains.
The Chariots of Failure episode features sports medal cookies and a swim cake topped with a waffle cone torch.
Guest judges include Adam Scott, Matt Walsh and Gabby Douglas.
The series is available to stream on Netflix. Episode Recaps:
- LET’S GET LIT – Two bookish treats inspired by literature set the bakers up for epic fails: Shakespearean stained-glass window cookies and a pop-up “Moby Dick” cake. Guest judge: Matt Walsh
- THE ONE WITH THE ‘90S THEME – Edible ice cream boom boxes made with liquid nitrogen and a fresh and fly fondant-covered cake? Oh, snap — that sounds like a ’90s challenge. Guest judge: Fortune Feimster
- INDIANA FAILS AND THE TEMPLE OF SLOP – Terror awaits the contestants as they take on two technically demanding desserts: chocolate eggs and a layered sphinx cake, both full of surprises. Guest judge: Gemma Stafford
- CHARIOTS OF FAILURE – The bakers go for the gold — and miss masterfully — with sports-medal cookies and an elaborate swim cake that’s topped with a waffle cone torch. Guest judge: Gabby Douglas
- JUNGLE BUNGLE – Jam-filled animal pastries and a coffeecake shaped like a sloth push the contestants out of their comfort zones — and the results are wild. Guest judge: Rachel Fong
- HOWDY, FAILURE! – A Western-themed round inspires deep-fried cowboy-duck doughnuts, a root beer-infused rodeo cake … and really bad flavors. Guest judge: Adam Scott
- THE BIG BAKE THEORY – From self-frosting bubbling beakers to record-breaking rockets, these science-inspired sweets ask the impossible — and invite kids into the kitchen. Guest judge: Valerie Gordon