Who doesn’t love a good cupcake? Cupcakes have become wildly popular over the past year or two. My eyes bug at out at our local bakery and cupcake shops. They all look so delicious but one cupcake can be pricey. So, I’ve taken to baking my own. I’m sure many of you are like me and enjoy experimenting with flavors but how do you dress your cupcake? Whether you’re looking for a classic liner or something crazy the following products will make your sweet creations even sweeter!
Don’t have time to come up with elaborate cupcake designs? Cupcake Cuties Kit is perfect for you. Each kit comes with 24 self-adhesive sleeves with custom toppings. There are tons of designs to choose from. We tested out the Ice Cream Cone Kit. The kit includes sleeves, multi-colored sprinkles for decorating, a frosting pastry bag and instructions. The sleeves are super easy to assemble. The only downside was that I couldn’t replicate the tall “ice cream” frosting pictured on the box. They’re still cute and are an easy, stress free way to decorate sweets for birthday parties, showers and more. $16.95 for a kit. Make sure you check out the Cuties of the Month Cupcake Cuties Kits. Receive a new cupcake kit every month! They also offer a couple of recipes on their site. – Tee
The Cupcake Kit
By Elinor Klivans
The Cupcake Kit makes me smile! The box holds super cute colored patterned liners (250!), an icing bag, 5 frosting tips and a tips/recipe book. The liners come in two sizes, regular and mini. The cornflake blue colored polka dot pattern is definitely my favorite. What I find attractive is the overall design and the photos in the Cupcake Kit recipe book. The book is small and straightforward. I’m always looking for easy recipes and this is just that! I tested out the cream cheese frosting (yum!) and yellow cake recipes. The results were tasty and I can’t wait to try the Hummingbird Swirls. My daughter would love the banana, pineapple and pecan mix. The Cupcake Kit is perfect for the beginning bakers or someone who doesn’t want to go all out on tons of baking tools. My only wish is that the kit came with a few more icing bags. The Cupcake kit is $19.95 and is published by Chronicle Books. – Tee
The most elegant cupcake wrappers we came across are from Paper Orchid. These laser-cut papers remind me of my scrapbooking days! Their new Filigree wrapper would add a classic touch to a grown-up birthday party, baby shower or wedding (it also comes in white). They have many styles to complement every occasion, from Halloween to your kid’s next birthday party (I LOVE the Dinosaur Cupcake Wrapper). A set of 25 standard-sized laser-cut wrappers is $25 (they have mini-cupcake and jumbo wrappers available, too). In addition, they offer coordinating accessories, such as invitations, place cards, luminaries and more! – Heather
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will win a set of 25 cupcake wrappers from Paper Orchid (Standard Size only, Winner’s Choice, based on availability) AND The Cupcake Kit from Chronicle Books (Total prize value $45). Ends 3/26/11.
Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count
Optional Bonus Entries – Each entry MUST BE in a separate comment and are worth one point unless otherwise noted.
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow Chronicle Books on Twitter
- Like Chronicle Books on Facebook
- Like Paper Orchid on Facebook
- Follow Paper Orchid on Twitter
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Leave a comment on a non giveaway post
- Share a cupcake recipe with us! (leave the link to the post)
- Please enter ONE of our other current giveaways for 3 extra entries (Comment #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Enter to #win FUN cupcake products via @thatsitmommy @PaperOrchid @ChronicleBooks http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=10105) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet
This giveaway will run through midnight on March 26, 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the items mentioned in this post to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.