Jim Henson’s Fraggle Rock can best be described as “a high-energy, raucous musical romp” with wonderful silly Muppet fun. It ran for a total of 96 episodes in five seasons. Fans can experience the Fraggle Rock fun all over again and share the joy of fantastical creatures making musical and addressing real-world issues as prejudice, spirituality, personal identity, the environment, and social conflict.
Jim Henson’s Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series – 35th Anniversary Collector’s Edition has all 96 episodes of the show fully remastered in high definition and presented in its lossless audio in a 12 disc set.
The series follows the fun adventures of the furry subterranean creatures and features a unique mix of music from all genres including folk, blues, gospel, country and rock, all while embracing themes of friendship, tolerance, diversity and caring for the planet.
FRAGGLE ROCK: THE COMPLETE SERIES will also be available separately on digital and DVD, along with FRAGGLE ROCK: THE COMPLETE ANIMATED SERIES.
As with all anniversary releases, there are a ton of bonus features to look forward to. Some can range from “Fraggle Music Celebration,” where viewers can enjoy their favorite Fraggle songs with sing-alongs for every episode (100 songs!) or hit shuffle and let the Fraggles choose the songs. Others include a look behind the curtain with creator Jim Henson. There is also a 1993 throwback segment from the from “The Today Show” featuring Uncle Travelling Matt. Additionally, there are interviews with the cast and crew, featurettes, and so much more from the series.
Here’s a complete list of the bonus features you will be able to see on the Jim Henson’s Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series – 35th Anniversary Collector’s Edition
FRAGGLE ROCK: THE COMPLETE SERIES Blu-ray Bonus Features Include:
NEW: Fraggle Music Celebration
Celebrate your favorite Fraggle songs with sing-alongs for every episode or hit shuffle and let the Fraggles choose for you!
- NEW: Life on Set: Moments with Jim Henson
- NEW: 1993 “The Today Show” Segment featuring Uncle Travelling Matt
- Down at Fraggle Rock: Behind the Scenes (48-minute version)
- Fraggle Songs & Doozer Music
- Interviews with Fraggle Rock Creators and Puppeteers
- Seasons 2, 3 and 4 Overviews
- Docs and Sprockets
- “All Around the World” Music Video
- Travelling Matt
- 20 Travelling Matt Segments
- Special Tribute to Jerry Juhl
- Scared Silly: Art Imitating Life
- Production Design Featurette
- Electro-Mechanical Puppetry
- Doozer Design
- How the Trash Heap Came to Be
- Gorg Design
- Interviews with Michael Frith, Kathy Mullen, and Gerry Parkes
- HBO Promos
- You Cannot Leave the Magic: Excerpts from the Last Day of Shooting
- Dance Your Cares Away: The Evolution of the Theme Song
- The Inner Gorg: An Interview with the Performers Inside the Costumes
- Let the Music Play: An Interview with Phil Balsam and Dennis Lee
- Celebrating Fraggle Rock: Excerpts from the Wrap Party
- Designing the Puppets: An Interview with the Puppet Makers
- Directing the Fraggles: An Interview with Eric Till and George Bloomfield
- Additional Interviews:
– Dennis Lee with Mokey
– Jerry Juhl with Gobo
– Jocelyn Stevenson with Red and Moke
– Faz Fazakas with Cotterpin Doozer
– A Minute with Travelling Matt
I love Fraggle Rock! It was my favorite show as a kid!
I like Fraggle Rock because it brings me back to my childhood and the characters put me in a good mood.
I’ve never actually seen it.
I’ve never seen it, but heard good things.
It was such a huge part of my childhood, I don’t think that theme song will ever fade from my memory
Love the comedy & the music. One of my childhood faves!
I love Fraggle Rock because I grew up with it. It brings back fond memories. Thanks for the giveaway!
It was one of my favorite childhood cartoons!
I like it because it always make mes laugh.
I am not the Fraggle Rock fan. My sister absolutely loves it. When she was a kid she watched it all the time. I would love to win this for her so she can share her love of the show with her 5 sons.
I like Fraggle Rock because I have always been a big Muppets fan. It was a really great show.