THE WORLD S BIGGEST ANIMATED RELEASE OF
ALL TIME COMES HOME!
THE BIGGEST TOY STORY YET JUST GOT BIGGER WITH
BLU-RAY! COMBO PACK OFFERING THREE WAYS TO ENJOY!
Toy Story 3
They’re back! Toy Story 3 will be released on 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack today, November 2, 2010. This is the perfect gift for any family this holiday season. Toy Story 3 was the first movie my daughter saw in the theater. She was captivated by the characters and sat through the entire movie no problem! That’s how I felt when I saw the original Toy Story 15 years ago.
Follow the Toy Story crew as they prepare for Andy to leave for college. How do the toys wind up in Sunnyside Day Care. And find out how Chatter Telephone helps Woody plan his friend’s escape from Lots-O’-Huggin’ Bear. Plus, does Barbie find her soul mate? There is suspense and heroics at the end that left me teary eyed. Maybe I’m turning into a major softy but the ending was truly touching. And I always new that Buzz was charming but I didn’t know that he had those moves!
All the Toy Story (new and old) characters are wonderful. There were a bunch of new characters introduced in the 3rd movie. And as always the lead actors (Hanks, Allen, Ratzenberger et al.) were stupendous at portraying their respective terrific toys! My daughter has a Big Baby type of doll. I think we all knew someone or owned a doll like Big Baby with that creepy broken eye!! Woody, Buzz and Jessie are definitely my daughter’s favorites and My husband and I love the comedic duo, Mr. And Mrs. Potato Head. Estelle Harris couldn’t have been better casted and Don Rickles is a riot, “I told you kids to stay out of my butt!” Oh my! Walt Disney Studios does a fantastic job at writing story lines that your entire family can appreciate. Plan your family movie night now! Watch Toy Story 3 from the comforts of your home over and over! Check out all of the amazing material that comes in the combo pack.
- Day & Night – The innovative and entertaining short from the imagination of Pixar artist and Director Teddy Newton.
- Toys! – A closer look at all of Toy Story 3’s beloved toys from updating the classic characters to the creation of the Sunnyside Daycare and Bonnie’s Room toys.
- Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science of Adventure – Produced in conjunction with NASA, this hybrid animation documentary of Buzz’s visit to the International Space Station focuses on research in zero gravity and Buzz’s triumphant return to Earth.
- Paths to Pixar: Editorial – Pixar editors, past and future share anecdotes about their careers.
- The Gang’s All Here – A touching look at the returning voice talent for Toy Story 3 and an introduction to the voices of the new characters.
- A Toy’s Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land – A sneak peek at the new Toy Story-themed playland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Studio Stories – A series of amusing animated anecdotes about life at Pixar.
- Where’s Gordon?” – An animator finds a hidden room at Pixar.
- “Cereal Bar” – The majestic and expansive Pixar cereal bar is explored.
- “Clean Start” – The Toy Story 3 animators shave their heads to mark the start of the film.
BLU-RAY COMBO PACK: Everything on the DVD plus…
- Toy Story Trivia Dash – This cool game challenges you to sprint to the finish with Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Rex as you quickly answer questions about all three Toy Story movies.
- Cine-Explore – Commentary by Director Lee Unkrich and Producer Darla K. Anderson.
- Beyond the Toybox: An Alternative Commentary Track Featuring Leads from Story, Tech, Art and Animation – Commentary by Story Supervisor Jason Katz, Supervising Technical Director Guido Quaroni, Production Designer Bob Pauley and Supervising Animators Bobby Podesta and Michael Venturini.
- Beginnings: Setting A Story In Motion – Screenwriter Michael Arndt analyzes successful opening scenes from Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.
- Bonnie’s Playtime: A Story Roundtable – A roundtable discussion with Director Lee Unkrich and the story artists who brought the “Bonnie’s Playtime” scene to life.
- Roundin’ Up A Western Opening – The development of the movie’s exciting opening scene.
- Life Of A Shot – Toy Story 3 artists and technicians describe their contributions to a few of the shots in the film’s “Western Opening.”
- Goodbye Andy – An exploration of character design, acting and animation in the scene “Andy’s Goodbye.”
- Accidental Toymakers – By creating the Toy Story characters, the Pixar filmmakers found themselves in the unlikely role of toy designers. Meet the toy company that took a chance on manufacturing the now iconic toys and learn of their incredible success that began with a modest number of Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys 15 years ago.
- Making of Day & Night – The story behind the unique 2D/3D blended short.
Bonus! A digital copy is included for those of you who want to download it to your computer, iPod or iphone. Just enter the included code and your good to go!
Can’t get enough of Toy Story 3? Here are some fun print-and-play activities! Search the words, connect-the-dots, spot the differences, and color your favorite Toy Story 3 characters. Click here.
Be sure to check out the Toy Story Facebook Page for fun status updates, clips, and more! http://www.facebook.com/PixarToyStory
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a copy of the DVD to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.