Accessories are an essential part of my wardrobe. Jeans and t-shirts can instantly be transformed into something cooler with the right necklace. Your accessory choices can also say a lot about you. I, for instance (in case I never mentioned it), LOVE taking pictures. So a camera necklace is the perfect thing for me. Etsy is one of my favorite places to find unique pieces. One of my friends recently sent me a link to a very original camera necklace at a shop called Scene Not Herd. I had to have it!
Scene, Not Herd is designed by San Francisco teacher Holly. She loves jewelry but found herself wearing the same necklaces that some of her teenage students would be wearing. She realized that it was time for her jewelry collection to move beyond the selections from the local mall. She did this by creating her own accessories. Holly loves to create unique features for the wearer. Whether its a personalized charm with her initials, a romantic quote from a poet of old, or a fun expression that makes a little charm so much more than a camera, each piece is unique.
Holly generously sent me my very own “Oh Snap!” camera necklace to review. It arrived wrapped with a bow in a cute cardboard box featuring her logo. What a nice touch! The necklace features a hand stamped charm with the phrase Oh Snap! imprinted on it and a brass and black camera charm with a very cool round crystal as the lens! It is hung on an antiqued brass rolo chain measuring 28″ (which can be adjusted). It is a great funky piece! I love it! I have been wearing it with everything! The camera necklace retails for only $25! I have seen jewelry of similar quality at way higher prices! My 16 year old also loves it and has been trying to wear it with everything too!
Holly’s shop has some really cool and unique items. I will be ordering more from her. She has a great anchor necklace that I am going to get for my daughter so I can have my camera one back. Check out Scene, Not Herd on Etsy here. You will be delighted by the amazing pieces and the great prices!
Buy IT: Receive a 10% Discount by entering ITMOMMY when you purchase any item from Scene Not Heard
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Oh Snap! Camera Necklace of their own. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 8/12/11.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit Scene, Not Herd and tell us another item that you like Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Scene, Not Herd on Facebook
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post on our site and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win an Oh Snap! Camera Necklace via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=14514 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on Aug 12 2011 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the necklace mentioned to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.