Their future is so bright they need shades! Seriously though buying quality sunglasses with 100 percent UV protection is a good idea for the little ones in your life. With prices ranging from $15 to $40, these glasses would make great holiday gifts or stocking stuffers.
My kids loved modeling all the test shades the company so graciously shared with us. My son looked pretty snazzy in his “My First Shades” model which feature shatterproof, professional grade polycarbonate frames and lenses, a wrap style design, and a navy-colored neoprene® band with a red and yellow flame pattern which comfortably keeps the glasses in place rather than the hard plastic arms over his little ears.
We can’t wait to pack the Racer Pink model for our next ski trip. These racing style pink frames and matte metallic lenses look like a miniature pair of glasses I would check out at the ski shops. The comfortable wrap around design will keep our speed demon/fashion-ista from experiencing any drag as she pummels down the slopes in style.
As a mom, I really appreciate the little extra steps this company has taken. Many of the glasses come with a neoprene strap and a Microfiber sleeve to clean lenses and protect the shades. All the designs seem to take extra care to make them the frames super durable, but also safe of sharp edges.
Real Kids Shades offers a wide selection of styles and colors to fit the personalities and styles of all kids. You can check out all the models and styles on www.realkidsshades.com Real Kids Shades are lead-free, with no bisphenol-A and no phthalates. They have passed the most rigorous testing regimens on three continents, and are CPSIA compliant, CE certified and FDA approved. Additionally, a vision care professional can also fit all styles of MyFirstShades® sunglasses with prescription lenses.
And Real Kids Shades is working with Prevent Blindness America, the nation’s oldest eye health and safety organization through a joint effort – they designed a special “Star Pupils” branded pair of 100 percent ultraviolet (UV-A and UV-B) protective sunglasses with 20 percentage of proceeds from sales donated directly to the children’s vision education initiative.
GIVEAWAY: Win a pair of Real Kid’s Shades! Winner’s choice. Ends 12/22
MAIN ENTRY – Visit www.realkidshades.com and tell us what pair of glasses you choose if you won? Come back here and leave a comment below this post.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment. Each entry is worth 1 point.
- Follow Real Kids Shades on Twitter (let us know who you are)
- Subscribe to our email newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link)
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post on our site (tell us which one)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (tell us which one)
- Tweet: Enter to win a cool pair of Real Kids Shades via @thatsitmommy @RealKidsShades http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=8612(can be tweeted daily)
This giveaway will run through midnight on December 22, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 24 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the two pairs of shades mentioned in this post free of charge in order to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.