I just prepared the most delicious curry scallop recipe and just had to share. It was so quick and easy, yet tasted like something I would be served in a restaurant.
The recipe pairs curry-coated scallops and brown rice seasoned with cilantro, scallions and lemon. For this recipe you’ll need 3 cups cooked brown rice. Serve with roasted carrots tossed with cumin and coriander. 4 servings, about 3 scallops & 3/4 cup rice each.
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound dry sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cooked instant or quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle both sides with curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until beginning to sizzle. Add the scallops and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add cooked rice, cilantro, scallions, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to the pan. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve the scallops with the rice.
Per serving: 305 calories; 5 g fat ( 2 g sat , 1 g mono ); 35 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 3 g fiber; 750 mg sodium; 342 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
This recipe is from the March/April 2012 issue of Eating Well (http://www.eatingwell.com)