And here she is…our latest addition to That’s IT Mommy! We all look forward to reading about her adventures as a military mom living in the UK. Please welcome her by leaving a comment below!
Hi! My name is Sharon and I am so excited to be here at That’s IT Mommy! I look forward to sharing my personal experiences on being a first time Mommy, a military spouse, our travels and adventures!
To help introduce myself, here are 15 things to help you get to know who I am!
- I am half Polish and half Filipino (a good friend called me a Polapino one day, and it has stuck ever since!).
- I am 38 years old. (Is it sad that I had to actually calculate my age?! I always think I am 35 years old!)
- Matt and I got married twice, four years ago. Marrying a soldier gave me two wedding anniversaries to celebrate.
- Our son, Gavin, will be three in a couple of months. He is pretty awesome.
- We have an 85-pound furbaby named Chopper. He has a love-hate relationship with our fluffy neighbors, the sheep.
- We have been living in the United Kingdom for the past 11 months, courtesy of the U.S. Army. (13 months to go!)
- My son and I play a game where we make funny faces at each other. It’s what we do.
- Before I started my family, I threw hand grenades and wore combat boots for 8 years in the U.S. Army.
- I graduated from the University of Colorado with a degree in Business Administration.
- I love to snowboard, but suck at riding my bike.
- This California girl hates rain and being cold to the bone, which happens often in the UK!
- I love being able to stay at home with my son, but also miss working a day job.
- I’ve always been a perfectionist. It’s a blessing and a curse.
- I have a hard time going to bed when the kitchen is not cleaned up.
- Three things I want to work on improving and doing more of this year: Sewing, photography, and exercising.
I’m happy to share our fun family adventures here at That’s IT Mommy. Stay tuned for more! We have 13 months left overseas. There is still a lot to see!
-That’s IT Mommy, Sharon