I already love Fridays since I get to take a break from meal planning to make or order pizza for the family dinner. Now we are introducing a new tradition — family game night. Feed the Wozzle,a new game from Peaceable Kingdom targeting ages 3-6, was our first attempt at finding a game for all ages to enjoy. We introduced my three and five year old to the game this past Friday night with great success.
The game box includes a stand-up Wozzle, 24 silly snacks, a spoon, a die, a spinner and instructions for three different levels of play.
The game’s plot — Wozzle is hungry and his mouth is wide open and ready to catch some silly snacks, like chocolate covered flies or hairy pickles. Try to feed him 12 snacks without dropping them from the spoon. Two to five players start the game with a roll of the die to learn how many snacks to put in his big open mouth. With the spin of the spinner they then determine which goofy gross motor movement they will do while walking across the room to feed him. Maybe it’s a Bunny Hop, maybe walk backwards! If everyone together can feed the Wozzle 12 snacks, everyone wins!
The three levels offer difficulty options based on your players’ skill levels. The first level focuses solely on basic counting and doesn’t use the spinner or funny trip across the room. We played several rounds at the second level which includes rolling the die and spinning to pick our themed trek across the living room. This level seemed perfect the first time out for my little gamers. The most difficult level three option adds blindfolding the participants to the mix.
The second level of the game entertained and engaged my crew. As usual my three and five year old found a way to cheat pretty quickly by holding their hands over the game pieces in the spoon thus making it very difficult to ever spill, but balancing will come eventually. They were giggling and laughing over both feeding the Wozzle with the spoon and watching each of us do silly dancing, hopping and crazy moves across the living room toward the Wozzle. I would certainly recommend this game for 3-5 year olds.
Peaceable Kingdom has an entire new line of preschool skill-builder games divided into three age appropriate levels: 3-4 years (Level 1), 4-5 years (Level 2), and 5-6 years (Level 3). Feed the Wozzle and Snug as a Bug in a Rug are online at www.peaceablekingdom.com and in stores now for $20. Willy’s Wiggly Web will be available in Spring 2012.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive one of five of Peaceable Kingdom’s five new cooperative games – winner’s choice. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 2/14/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit www.peaceablekingdom.com and tell us which games you and your family would like to play together. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Peaceable Kingdom Press on Facebook (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Peaceable Kingdom has a new line of preschool games! #Win a game of your choice! via @thatsitmommy http://ow.ly/8NrlT #giveaway
*This giveaway will run through midnight on February 14, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received Peaceable Kingdom’s Feed the Wozzle game free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.