Some things are just plain fun to say. Like, Kicky Pants. It’s also a cute name for an even more adorable line of baby clothes. Kicky Pants recently sent us one of their coveralls in Twilight to review.
The Kicky Pants line is a unique blend of 95% bamboo and 5% lycra. This little bit of stretch makes it easy to pull over my little guy’s head. The coveralls feature full front snaps for easy diaper changes. But, what makes these coveralls stand out is the snaps on the rear. They are there for 2 reasons: to allow for quick diaper checks and for an added touch of cuteness.
The coveralls purposely run a little small (or rather, short) for sizes 6-12 months and up. The pants are cut to capri length so they won’t hinder mobility. We tried the 12-18 month size for my 13 month old (who is just below 50% percentile height and weight) and it was about an inch short in the legs. This outfit worked out great on a hot Spring day in LA. It reached a high of 86 degrees and even though he was in this long sleeve outfit, he didn’t overheat. Having this type of material that is good at wicking moisture away from the skin with long sleeves and pants makes it a great natural way to keep my little guy cool and the sun off his skin.
Yes, Bamboo is in! But I’ve been a little bit confused about why it’s so great for children’s clothing. Here’s the low-down from our friends at Kicky Pants:
- Bamboo fabric is naturally antibacterial, antifungal and antistatic.
- Bamboo has a natural wicking ability, keeping baby warm, dry and odor-free.
- It’s naturally soft and silky without additional chemical processing
- Bamboo fiber is completely biodegradeable
- It’s a sustainable crop and eco-friendly
- Bamboo grows quickly, reaching it’s full height in about 100 days in the right weather conditions
- It has an inherent ability to retain water and does not require irrigation
- It’s antibacterial and antifungal properties aid the plants in fighting off disease and insects, so they do not require the use of fertilizers or pesticides.
- The bamboo used to create Kicky Pants raw material is grown in a fully sustainable process on land where no other crops will grow and the byproduct is returned to the land to biodegrade.
Kicky Pants is family-owned and operated by Erin and Nick Cloke and are based in Los Angeles, CA. They are very involved in every step of the design and manufacturing of their products, including the custom low-impact reactive dyes that were created just for them. You can purchase their clothes at specialty boutiques throughout the US, Canada, US Virgin Islands, Australia, Jamaica and online. Click here for a complete list of stores.
*WE DID NOT RECEIVE COMPENSATION FOR THIS POST. WE DID RECEIVE THE COVERALLS MENTIONED IN THIS POST FROM THEIR PR FIRM IN ORDER TO FACILITATE OUR REVIEW. THIS WILL IN NO WAY SWAY OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICE. OUR OPINIONS ARE IN OUR OWN WORDS AND YOUR OPINIONS OR THOUGHTS MAY DIFFER.