One of my must-have orders at my favorite Panini shop in Hollywood is their Tuna Insalata. It’s packed with mozzarella, tomatoes, mixed with fresh greens served with a light lemon/olive oil dressing. It’s the perfect salad for Spring. Melissa’s Produce sent over fruits and vegetables that made it simple to throw this salad together in less than 10 mins!
Preparing food at home is always rewarding and I’m able to control the flavors and seasoning to satisfy my palette. For this salad, I used a mix of baby greens and arugula. I then sliced pieces of mozzarella, sliced cherry tomatoes in half as well as sliced avocado. Drain your tuna and add it to the salad. For a nice sweet burst, I included candy grapes. These grapes are bite-sized grapes packed with sugar so a little goes a long way.
I used a dressing made up of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and black pepper and coarse sea salt. You can add garlic to the recipe but I opted for a lemony flavor.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and lightly toss all the ingredients together. Oh, so good! This recipe can be served for two.
- 3 cups- salad greens
- 1 cup- cherry tomatoes halved
- A handful of Candy Sweets (or your favorite grape)
- 5 oz- canned tuna, drained
- 1 Avodaco
- Fresh mozzarella (I used Galbani and cut 4 slices)
Olive oil and lemon dressing
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (add more or less pepper and salt to desired taste)
Check our these other awesome Spring salads: