Baby skin deserves the softest fabrics possible.
From the day we check out of the maternity ward, we’ve tightly wrap up our children with aden + anais cotton muslin swaddles. So when I got the chance to receive a dream blanket by aden + anais I jumped at the chance.
The Dream blanket is a large 47” by 47” blanket made of four layers of 100 percent cotton muslin fabric. Our Dream blanket came in the Jungle Jam/monkey pattern which features adorable little violet-blue monkeys with happy faces and curly tails.
The blanket is much larger than I expected. At the moment, it works great as a soft, safe zone for my newborn to wiggle around on the floor and practice his tummy time moves. My older children (5 and 3) have been stealing it for couch cuddle time in the evening. I think the size would work well as a quilt for a toddler bed in the future.
Priced at $49.95 the blanket is an investment but one that envelopes my little ones in a warm, soft and breathable cotton that keeps them warm without overheating them. In addition to the monkey pattern I received, the Dream blankets are available in five other designs – giraffes, blue or pink stars, blue cars and pink cupcakes.
The aden + anais Story:
As a young woman growing up in Australia, aden + anais founder Raegan Moya-Jones was introduced to many traditional practices of motherhood. One of them in particular– swaddling babies in generously sized, gentle muslin sheets– amazed her. When she moved to the U.S. and started her own family, Raegan couldn’t find any swaddles like the ones she remembered from home. The only swaddles available were too small; made of much-too-thick flannel; or simply unattractive. And so, aden + anais was born. Today, aden + anais, has brought the legacy of muslin together with fashion forward design to create a line of products that are as stylish as they are useful; and as simple as they are beautiful.
The company offers a wide selection of swaddles, wash cloth and towels, infant sleeping bags, bib and burp cloths and crib sheets available at http://www.adenandanais.com or at many specialty children stores.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive one (1) aden + anais Dream Blanket (ARV $49.95). This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+, except where prohibited by law). Ends 5/10/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit aden + anais (www.adenandanais.com) and specify your favorite 3 prints and the manufacturer will choose one based on what they have available in stock. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like aden + anais on facebook
- Follow aden + anais on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win a @adenandanais dream blanket via @thatsitmommy -perfect for snuggling! http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=24420 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on May 10, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+, except where prohibited by law).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a aden + anais Dream Blanket free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.