Art plays a big role in our everyday life In our house. We feel that learning to express your creativity is a very important part of development. Adeline has loved drawing and painting from a very early age so I try to have a art/craft time everyday. Sometimes I will just give her a rock and she will paint it while I make dinner. It keeps us both happy.
I love finding companies that encourage creativity in children. Alex Toys is one of these companies. “ALEX’s mission is to provide children with quality creative products that foster personal expression and build self-esteem. The best children’s activities provide lots of fun and they open a child’s mind to new skills, new ideas and new worlds.” Alex toys produces over 1000 different items in these categories:imaginative and dramatic play, fashion and jewelry, whimsical children’s furniture, Rub A Dub® and Tub Tunes® bath toys, ALEX Little Hands® preschool products and ALEX Jr.®, developmental, plush and bath toys for baby!
The Little Hands line are specifically designed for the physical, cognitive and practical needs of toddlers and preschoolers. Adeline received two products from the little hands craft line to review. One was the My Pretty Mosaic and the other is Zoom Zoom Mosaic. Both include different boards and 14,000 large stickers to create mosaics. The My Pretty Mosaic features pictures of a castle, ballerina and flowers. While the Zoom Zoom Mosaic has a rocket, firetruck, bulldozer and other things that zoom. Each picture is individually wrapped with the stickers for that mosaic. This was an added bonus because I was able to bring just one on the the airplane to entertain Adeline for our recent trip. I though for sure that Adeline would love the Pretty Mosaic seeing she loves all things princess related. I was wrong! She begged to open the Zoom Zoom pack first! Each packet contained a picture with different shapes and colors that indicate where the sticker of that shape and color should go. Adeline enjoyed putting the stickers on the matching spots but had a little bit of a hard time lining them exactly. It was a great craft for her and I to do together. I am sure the more she does it the easier it will get. Plus it is a great way for her to practice her hand eye coordination. Adeline has enjoyed making all of the mosaics and giving them to us as “gifts.” We love hanging them on the wall.
I am a big fan of Alex Toys and will definitely be purchasing more products from them in the future. Adeline has already asked for the bathtub crayons so she can decorate the walls in the tub while bathing. You can view all the products on Alex Toys website: www.alextoys.com
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will win a Alex Little Hands Mosaic Kit (My Pretty Mosaic or Zoom Zoom Mosaic).
REQUIRED ENTRY – Visit www.alextoys.com and tell us another product that you like. Come back here and leave a comment in the reply box below this post.
Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count
Optional Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Share a fun craft project with us (1 extra)
- Follow Alex Toys on twitter (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Check out Alex Toys on facebook.com (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Check us out on Facebook (let us know who you are) (1 extra
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway and tell us why you want to win (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one (1) of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I want to win an Alex Toys Mosaic Kit! Enter to win via @thatsitmommy & @alextoys http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=5945) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)