Welcome our That’s IT Mommy friends, Jill and Theo to Teagan’s Likeable Literature! The following books are from Dwell Studio and they are all published by Blue Apple books and distributed by Chronicle books.
I’ve been a longtime fan of Dwell Studio’s colorful textiles. They feature great simple, clean designs in crisp modern colors and patterns. I could use them in every room in my home but I am especially fond of them for kids’ rooms. Never a fan of the traditional baby pastels or gender-specific designs, Dwell Studios has offered me inspiration for an affordable way to express design creativity in my preschoolers’ lives.
Well, Dwell is extending their cool design aesthetic to baby board books and disposable bibs!
Dwell Studio’s Bibs To Go is a book of 20 full-sized, disposable, waterproof bibs that can be easily torn out as needed. Adorned with cool illustrations – including a funky taxi and bus design, a muted animal profile design, a pea pod close up, a three carrot close up and birds in tree. All great options that would look adorable, yet not overwhelm any cute outfits your baby may be sporting for a night out on the town. I tried the bibs out on my two year-old but unfortunately I think he is just a bit too old. He is currently a fan of dressing himself for mealtime. The tab closure of these bibs certainly demands parental intervention. These bibs would have been great for my kids when they were newborn to 18 months. Retailing for $12.99 the book of bibs would make a fun, shower present for a new mom.
The other Dwell books I got to review are entitled Go, Eat and Touch & Feel Town. Each book offers big, bright, colorful pictures with simple one word text on each page. There are at least three images in each book that I would love to rip out, frame and hang on my walls. My two year-old and I enjoyed using the books to build his speech and newly developing color identification skills but I think they would be equally fun for younger babies. Books are published by Blue Apple Books and distributed by Chronicle books. Ranging in price from $6.99-$8.99 these books would be a great addition to any cool kids’ nursery library.
– That’s IT Mommy friends, Jill and Theo
See Dwell Studio’s full line of products for the home, baby, kids and table at www.dwellstudio.com/designer-baby-boutique/books.html.
Or check out Dwell Studio’s books at www.chroniclebooks.com
GIVEAWAY: Blue Apple Books and their PR team has generously offered one (1) That’s IT Mommy the four books reviewed in this post. – Ends 8/23
REQUIRED ENTRY – Visit Blue Apple Books blog and tell us what other books you like. Come back here and leave a comment in the reply box below this post.
Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Optional Bonus Entries – Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Follow Chronicle Books on Twitter (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed or email (or tell us that you already do) (1 extra)
- Check us out on Facebook (let us know who you are) (1 extra)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Win 4 Dwell Studio children’s books! via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=5504 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
This giveaway will run through midnight on August 23, 2010 (PST) with winner being announced sometime on or before August 25, 2010 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only (18+).
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the a Lunch Pak mentioned in this post to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.