“MommyJuice”. The name alone makes me want to try it. Yes, it’s a bit kitschy, but I am a mom after all and perhaps a little MommyJuice would do this mommy some good!
We were sent their Red and White Wines for review. What better way to review it than drinking with other mommy friends? Our DC mom, Kelly, was out in LA for a visit. Kelly, Tee and I got together for a bit of mommy bonding and taste testing. None of us are sommeliers, but we definitely can appreciate a good wine. While this wine does not knock any of us off our seats, for the price ($10) it’s tasty and a perfect add in to a gift bag this holiday or any impending baby showers on your calendar.
Here are some tasting notes from MommyJuice’s website:
Highlights of the Red Wine:
- Aromas of bright berry fruits
- Plums, tobacco and a subtle floral note
- Full and rich flavors of blueberries, blackberries and dried cherries
- Dried plums and anise spice
- Smooth finish
- Blend: 77% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Merlot, 3% Malbec, 2% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verd0t
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Highlights of the White Wine:
- Aromas of tropical fruit salad–pineapples, guava and bananas
- Hints of lemongrass and citrus rind
- Kiwi, lime with hint of grassiness
- 100% Chardonnay from Monterey County
MommyJuice Wines was founded by Cheryl Durzy, a mom of 2 and 10+ year veteran of the wine industry in Sales and Marketing at Clos LaChance Wines. These wines were inspired by her young children that point to wine glasses everywhere claiming, “That’s Mommy’s Juice!” Her vision includes balanced, fruit-forward wines that bring just a bit of peace after the chaos of everyday life as a parent.
BUY IT: You can purchase Mommy Juice individually for $10 a bottle, a case for $120 or specialty gift packs on their website. This is a great, reasonably priced gift for all the moms that you know and love and could use a little “juice”!
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the Mommy Juice Wines mentioned from their PR firm free of charge to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.