I was looking for the ultimate comfort food for a nice day after playing outside in the snow. I came across this recipe on Disney family.com This creamy macaroni and cheese is perfect. Everyone in the family loved it. It makes a great a side or as a main meal serve with some greens. May not trim your waistline but it is worth it. =)
- 10 ounce Extra-sharp cheddar, grated
- 4 ounce Monterey Jack, grated
- 4 ounce Velveeta, cubed (or 4 more ounces of Monterey Jack, grated)
- 4 ounce Cream cheese
- 1 can Evaporated milk (12 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 slice Extra-thick bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounce Elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, plain and dried
- 2 ounce Parmesan, grated
- 2 cup Water
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Put cheeses (except parmesan) in the top of a double boiler (if you don’t have one, set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with about 1 inch of water in it) and melt over simmering water, stirring frequently.
Gradually add milk, whisking until completely smooth. Whisk in mustard, bacon, salt, and pepper.
Pour the cheese mix into a large bowl, add the macaroni, and toss to coat. Then pour the coated mixture into a 9-by-9-inch baking dish (to bake in 4-ounce bakeable ceramic bowls like those pictured, mix macaroni and sauce as above, then spoon into the separate dishes).
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan; sprinkle over the top.
Bake until crumbs are browned and cheese is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes (15 to 20 minutes for individual portions).
* We did not receive any form of compensation for this review. We just thought we’d share a good recipe!