My kids, like their mama, have fair skin. I am very conscious about always having sunscreen on them when we’re outdoors. I also look to products that offer additional UV protection, as keeping their skin safe from the sun is one of my top priorities!
We’ve had the Children’s Sun Tent sold by Sungrubbies for about a month. It’s been tested inside our house as well as at the beach. I was impressed at how simple it was to set-up. Here’s a video of me setting it up at the beach. The entire set-up process is really quick!
The tent was quite the hot-item on our beach excursion. The weather was mostly overcast, and then bright and sunny by the time we left. Kieran was constantly going in and out of the thing, I could barely catch her on camera!
We are also getting a lot of use out of it at home. Both Kieran and Brendan love to fill it up with stuffed animals and dolls. Kieran especially likes to pretend she’s camping out with her dolls. This tent has undergone extensive use the past month. It’s held up to the sand, the wind at the beach, and my kid’s indoor play. It still looks as good as new!
The Children’s Sun Tent features:
- 50+ UPF/ 98% UV Blocked
- made of Nylon
- 42.5″h x 47″w x 47 “d
- Takes only seconds to set up and take down (see my video)
- Mesh front rolls down and can be zipped in place to keep bugs out (although the one we received did not contain a zipper, but rather velcro, as pictured)
- Side mesh panels for extra ventilation (and peek-a-boo)
- Attached, water proof floor
- Built-in side pockets for adding sand or heavy items to secure in wind
- Convenient carry case (20″ x 3″) with shoulder strap (and very light, 2lbs)
Sungrubbies has a huge line of sun-protection products. I love this Del Mar Derby Sun Hat, which retails for $35.
Sungrubbies is a San Diego based company that specializes in sun protection clothing, sun hats, sun blocking swim suits, sun umbrellas, sun gloves and more! The have great information to keep you safe in the sun this summer. Check out their articles on Teaching Kids About Sun Protection and How to Pick the Perfect Sun Hat for your Child. And to keep up with all the latest happening at Sungrubbies, “like” them on Facebook!
BUY IT: You can purchase the Children’s Sun Tent for $58.95 on their website!
DISCOUNT: Sungrubbies is kindly offering our readers a 20% discount off the sun tent reviewed in this article! Just enter thatsitmommy at checkout to receive your discount. This discount expires July 31, 2011.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy did receive the sun tent mentioned to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.