To honor the legacy of the rock legend Elvis Presley, HBOMax is offering Elvis aficionados a newly collected array of exciting Elvis Presley-based entertainment streaming on HBO Max through March 14th. Features include the Baz Lurmann film starring Academy-Award nominee Austin Butler, and classic films starring the King of Rock like “Jailhouse Rock and Viva Las Vegas.” Additionally, fans can also find documentaries like “Elvis Presley: The Searcher” and “Elvis on Tour.”
“ELVIS” director/producer/writer Baz Luhrmann stated: “Having spent years researching Elvis’s life and his life’s work, I then had the privilege of telling his remarkable story on the big screen, along with my wonderful crafts teams, Tom Hanks and the phenomenal Austin Butler, who truly brought this rebel to life. That’s why it’s really exciting to see HBO Max embracing all that Presley had to offer and, in turn, offering that to its subscribers. Whether you love the global music icon and incomparable stage performer, or the actor who attempted to take Hollywood by storm—or if you want to learn what a deeply spiritual, private, and complex man he really was—they’ve made it available all in one place.”
The Elvis Presley Collection includes:
Baz Luhrmann’s 8-time Academy Award-nominated, 4-time BAFTA-winning feature film “ELVIS,” starring Austin Butler as the original punk rocker in a story spanning over 30 years, exploring the artist and the man—through love, loss and his unprecedented rise to fame, set against the backdrop of America’s tumultuous cultural landscape and the timeless music he gave the world.
Warner Bros. Pictures’ 30-minute special “Just a Boy from Tupelo: Bringing Elvis to the Big Screen,” which goes behind the scenes of Baz Luhrmann’s cinematic feature “ELVIS” to explore the making of the Oscar-nominated film and to examine Elvis’s enduring legacy as a rebel.
• “Elvis Presley: The Searcher” – This comprehensive two-part 2018 HBO Documentary Film from award-winning director Thom Zimny explores Elvis Presley’s lifelong creative journey, from childhood through his 1976 “Jungle Room” recording sessions.
• “Elvis on Tour” – Extensive concert footage highlights this documentary about the Presley’s touring in the early 1970s.
• “Elvis: That’s the Way It Is” – The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll prepares himself for one of his biggest Vegas shows ever.
• “It Happened at the World’s Fair” – Presley stars in this 1963 classic about a pair of broke, smalltime pilots who go to the Seattle World’s Fair to try to win some money…but find romance instead.
• “Jailhouse Rock” – In this 1957 film that spawned the hit song, Presley stars as Vince who, after saving a woman’s life from an attacker, is sent to the slammer, where he starts up a band and makes a name for himself. When released, he becomes a national idol and is sent to Hollywood for stardom.
• “Viva Las Vegas” – Presley stars in the 1964 fan-favorite as a racecar driver preparing for the Grand Prix whiling away in Las Vegas working as a waiter to pay for his new engine when he strikes up a romance with a beautiful young woman.